Write it Right
In the ‘old days,’ there was a secretarial pool who typed up any letter of importance that was to go out of an organization. These people were careful and made correspondence represent the organization well. The need for precise and appropriate business writing has not disappeared but the responsibilities of the secretarial pool have been decentralized to every individual in an organization. Emails can be sent without scrutiny at the speed of a key-stroke, potentially shedding the poor light on individuals and companies.
‘Write it Right for Business’ by The New Horizon Australia Institute of Technology focus on ensuring the quality of writing being constructed by you meets expected standards and intended outcomes of the document. It teaches participants how to write in a business environment for internal and external parties. The fundamental writing skills of planning, writing, editing, and proofing are covered.
What You'll Learn
In the Writing Skill course, the subjects you may study include:
- Lesson 1: Why bother writing well?
- Lesson 2: The five parts of the writing process
- Lesson 3: Proofing and publishing
- Lesson 4: Planning
- Lessons 5: Writing & editing
- Lesson 6: E-mail
- Lesson 7: Writing business letters
- Wrap and re-cap
Why Study With New Horizons Australia Institute of Technology
With experience in delivering technology training that spans over 35 years, you can trust New Horizons Australia Institute of Technology to boost your skills in a range of areas including information technology, leadership, graphic design and more.
Their short courses are led by an expert team of trainers who have over 10 years of industry and teaching experience, and are all passionate and dedicated to getting you on the right path to success. Ranging from four hours to five days, New Horizons has short courses that’ll fill your knowledge gaps and lift your credentials in no time.
With a commitment to helping you achieve your educational goals, New Horizons Australia Institute of Technology is all about putting you on the right path to success. Turn to their experienced team and teachers to help equip you with the right skills and knowledge that’ll set you apart from the rest.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this Writing Skill course from The New Horizon, you will leave the course with a certificate of attendance and an individualized action plan to help support next steps on return to the workplace. More importantly you will have developed skills and knowledge to:
- Adapt your writing to audience needs through profiling
- Write clearly and avoid redundancy
- Write well structured and courteous correspondence
- Write correct and complete documents
- Accomplish greater productivity in writing
- Adhere to the do’s and don’ts of professional email and letter writing
How Much Will It Cost?
An upfront payment of $650 is required to enroll in this course. Enquire now to find out more!
What You'll Need To Get In
To be eligible to study this Writing Skill course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Students must have attended Dramatic Grammatic or possess equivalent knowledge of the topics covered in the course.
- Prior to attending the Write it Right course attendees will be requested to complete and pass a brief grammar skills assessment.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: