BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health & Safety
- Awarded byCollege for Adult Learning (RTO 22228)
- QualificationCertificate IV
- Study ModeOnline
- Course Cost$2,495
- Duration8 months full-time; 10-12 months part-time
- Payment OptionPayment planUpfront payment
- Duration8 months full-time; 10-12 months part-time
- Start DateEnquire now for upcoming start dates
- Career OutcomesWork Health & Safety (WHS) Systems Officer | Safety Officer
By completing the Certificate IV in Work Health & Safety at the College for Adult Learning, you’ll develop a basic understanding of occupational health and safety law, and how to navigate the technical aspects related to WHS processes within any organisation.
You’ll learn how to best contribute to WHS decisions, supporting their implementation and influencing change within your organisation. Throughout the course, you’ll develop skills essential to any role within occupational health and safety, including responding to workplace incidents, identifying (WHS) hazards and controlling the associated risks, and planning the implementation of a work health and safety management system (WHSMS). You’ll also develop transferable skills in problem-solving, report writing and documentation best practices, project management assistance and more.
Delivered entirely online, this comprehensive course can be studied at your own pace. Schedule study time around your work and life commitments, completing your course in anywhere from 12 to 24 months. So don’t hesitate – commit to yourself and your career and enquire about this online diploma today!
This course meets the Nationally Recognised Training standards. It is listed on the Australian government’s National Register for Vocational Education and Training (VET). Studying this course leads to a qualification that’s recognised throughout Australia, and lets employers know that you have the right skills for the job.
What You'll Learn
In this WHS course, the subjects you may study include:
- BSBWHS412 Assist with workplace compliance with WHS laws
- BSBWHS413 Contribute to implementation and maintenance of WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS414 Contribute to WHS risk management
- BSBWHS415 Contribute to implementing WHS management systems
- BSBWHS416 Contribute to workplace incident response
- BSBINS401 Analyse and present research information
- BSBWRT411 Write complex documents
- BSBPMG420 Apply project scope management techniques
- BSBPMG429 Apply project stakeholder engagement techniques
Elective - Choose One
- BSBWHS419 Contribute to implementing WHS monitoring processes
- BSBWHS417 Assist with managing WHS implications of return to work
Why Study With College for Adult Learning
Study an accredited certificate course with the College for Adult Learning (CAL) and start creating better opportunities and a brighter path to success!
The team at CAL is committed to creating real career outcomes, which is why they’ve put together a number of courses in human resources, project management and more, all designed with your future in mind.
Graduate with the skills to meet industry demands and the confidence to put your knowledge to practice in the workplace.
The College for Adult Learning team will take the time to get to know each student and tailor their support and learning journey for each person’s needs. You'll be guided by your Student Success Advisor who will be on hand to offer you the support you need, as well as answer any questions you may have about your course.
Don’t just take our word for it.... Recent CAL graduate, Fiona states, “I know that if I need support it was available ...the feedback was incredible, very attentive! She spent a lot of time taking me through things that I may have missed.”
When you study with CAL, you’ll be supported by our Real Outcomes Guarantee, ensuring you get real-world results from your studies - not just a piece of paper.
CAL promise to give you all the resources we can to help you achieve your goal, whether that’s to upskill, refocus your career, or get that promotion.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a Certificate IV in Work Health & Safety (BSB41419) from the College for Adult Learning.
Graduating with this qualification will set you up to be a confident work health and safety representative within any organisation, and open doors to management roles within health and safety or give you the foundational knowledge to work in any industry in HR or risk management roles. You’ll be a valuable asset to a huge range of businesses, as work health and safety representatives are required in businesses from civil construction to manufacturing, healthcare, finance and more.
- Work Health & Safety (WHS) Systems Officer
- Safety Officer
How Much Will It Cost?
Pay upfront and save! The full fee of this course is $2495 (including discount).
Flexible payment plans are available between 6 and 12 months in duration.
What You'll Need To Get In
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Be 18 years or older at the time of registration; AND
- Demonstrate the required level of competency in English language, literacy and numeracy skills.
You will need regular access to a laptop or desktop computer with the following:
- An adequate and reliable internet connection,
- At least the equivalent of Microsoft Office or Office for Mac, with word-processing capabilities and spreadsheets,
- A PDF Reader installed,
- Full permissions to install and access third-party software as required.
You will also need regular access to a laptop, desktop computer or device with an adequate camera to undertake video calls for assessments as required.