Software Engineering Immersive
Your best course for career transformation in tech. This full-time coding boot camp features expert instruction, one-on-one career coaching, and connections to top employers to get you hired.
From Full-Time Student to Full-Time Employment
Land a full-time role as Software Engineer
Graduates of our immersive program in Australia have gone on to work at companies such as: Domain, Westpac, Qantas, MYOB, CBA, Squiz & Thoughtworks.
Developed by industry experts and tailored to meet the demanding needs at top employers worldwide, GA’s Immersive courses position candidates for professional success. In addition to learning from and collaborating with experts, mentors, and local leaders in the classroom, Immersive students receive dedicated career support to help them achieve their goals.
What You'll Learn
Made With — and for — Top Employers
Developed with guidance from our software engineering advisory board, our curriculum is primed for industry relevance. Learn the core skills to build full-stack web applications on the job: computer science fundamentals, collaboration tools, and the programming languages modern employers demand.
Gain a Well-Rounded Technical Foundation
Go Beyond “Full-Stack Development”
Discover how to effectively communicate and collaborate with web development teams to carry out projects from concept to completion. Practise version control with Git and GitHub while executing software engineering projects in an Agile development workflow.
Pre-Work: Software Engineering Fundamentals
Unit 1:Front-End Development
Unit 2:Full-Stack Development
Unit 3:Front-End Frameworks
Unit 4:APIs and Full-Stack Development
Why Study With General Assembly
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. When you learn web development, data, design, business, and more with GA, you get:
- Award-winning curriculum and expert instructors, on campus and online.
- A global, professional community of 40,000-plus full- and part-time alumni.
- Career results from leading-edge courses, with mentorship each step of the way.
Founded in New York City, General Assembly is creating a global community of individuals empowered to pursue work they love, by offering short-from upskilling programs through to 12 week immersive programs designed to help you land a role in the tech industry.
Courses can be taken on campus at locations in Sydney and Melbourne or virtually via a Live Online Remote Format.
Be part of a supportive community during every step of your learning journey and beyond!
At GA, you will have a dedicated student success producer, to guide you through the course and ensure you are supported throughout your journey. You will also have the opportunity to attend regular social events, to mingle with other students and alumni.
Where Will It Lead Me?
According to GA's 2018/19 Outcomes Report, 91.4% of full-time General Assembly graduates who complete our Career Services program got a job in their field of study within 180 days of graduation.
General Assembly’s full-time Immersive programs in web development, user experience (UX) design, and data science are rigorous, career-driven courses designed to propel each student — no matter their experience level at entry — into an exciting new career.
Thousands of companies have hired GA graduates. Our career coaches work one-on-one with students and graduates to ensure they have tools and strategies to secure a successful outcome in their job search.
- A Dedicated Career Coach. This accountability partner helps keep your professional goals and job search on track, before and after graduation.
- Job-Search Prep. Delve into career development workshops in resume writing, networking, and more. Receive in-depth interview training, negotiation tactics, self-branding advice, and job search check-ins with your coach.
- Real-World Learning. Get an intimate, inside look at leading companies in the field through case studies from real businesses and insightful talks featuring industry pros.
- Partner & Networking Opportunities. Connect with GA grads at our alumni community meetups and meet local employers — from hot startups to Fortune 500 companies — at exclusive events and showcases with GA’s hiring partners.
- Web Developer
How Much Will It Cost?
The fee for this course is $15,500.
General Assembly offers affordable payment options to help you start your studies sooner:
- Make repayments through Study Loans
- Make repayments through zipMoney
- Or, pay your course fees upfront via credit card.
What You'll Need To Get In
There are no prerequisites for this course.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: