- Awarded byGeneral Assembly
- QualificationShort Course
- Study ModeOnline
- Course Cost$4,500
- Duration10 Week Part-Time
- Payment OptionPayment planUpfront payment
- Duration10 Week Part-Time
- Start DateEnquire now for upcoming start dates.
- LocationNSW | VIC
- Career OutcomesSoftware or Applications Programmer | Web Developer | Assistant Web Developer | View all
What You'll Learn
Created With a Focus on Real-World Relevance
Become Fluent in a Powerful Programming Language
Fundamentals of JS
- Programming data types
- Writing functions
- Build and Deploy a Slackbot
The Browser and APIs
- Working with objects and JSON
- Understanding the DOM & jQuery
- AJAX, APIs and Callbacks <
- Build an API-driven web app
Data and Advanced Topic
Use advanced programming topics and persist user data via API calls to a back- end service provider.
- Authentication and Oauth
- Advanced programming concepts
- CRUD and saving user data
Building your apps
Work on your final project and deploy your app using GitHub pages or Heroku
- App deployment strategies
- Intro to advanced JS frameworks
- Deploy your app to the web
Why Study With General Assembly
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. When you learn web development, data, design, business, and more with GA, you get:
- Award-winning curriculum and expert instructors, on campus and online.
- A global, professional community of 40,000-plus full- and part-time alumni.
- Career results from leading-edge courses, with mentorship each step of the way.
Founded in New York City, General Assembly is creating a global community of individuals empowered to pursue work they love, by offering short-from upskilling programs through to 12 week immersive programs designed to help you land a role in the tech industry.
Courses can be taken on campus at locations in Sydney and Melbourne or virtually via a Live Online Remote Format.
Be part of a supportive community during every step of your learning journey and beyond!
At GA, you will have a dedicated student success producer, to guide you through the course and ensure you are supported throughout your journey. You will also have the opportunity to attend regular social events, to mingle with other students and alumni.
Where Will It Lead Me?
- Software or Applications Programmer
- Web Developer
- Assistant Web Developer
- Web Programmer
- IT Programmer
How Much Will It Cost?
The fee for this course is $4,500.
General Assembly offers affordable payment options to help you start your studies sooner:
- Make repayments through Study Loans
- Or, pay your course fees upfront via credit card.
- Make repayments through zipMoney
What You'll Need To Get In
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must have a basic knowledge of HTML and CSS. Graduates of General Assembly’s Front-End Web Development course will be well-prepared.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: