20488 – Developing SharePoint Server 2013 Core Solutions
This five-day Microsoft 20488 training course conducted by New Horizons Australia Institute of Technology teaches students the core skills that are common to almost all SharePoint development activities. These include working with the server-side and client-side object models, developing and deploying features, solutions, and apps, managing identity, and permissions querying and updating list data, managing taxonomy, using workflow to manage business processes, and customizing the user interface.
What You'll Learn
In this Microsoft 20488 course, the subjects you may study include:
· Module 1: SharePoint as a developer platform
· Module 2: Working with SharePoint objects
· Module 3: Working with lists and libraries
· Module 4: Designing and managing features and solutions
· Module 5: Working with server-side code
· Module 6: Managing identity and permissions
· Module 7: Introducing apps for SharePoint
· Module 8: Client-Side SharePoint development
· Module 9: Developing remotely hosted SharePoint apps
· Module 10: Publishing and distributing apps
· Module 11: Automating business processes
· Module 12: Managing taxonomy
· Module 13: Managing custom components and site life cycles
· Module 14: Customising user interface elements
· Module 15: Working with branding and navigation
Why Study With New Horizons Australia Institute of Technology
With experience in delivering technology training that spans over 35 years, you can trust New Horizons Australia Institute of Technology to boost your skills in a range of areas including information technology, leadership, graphic design and more.
Their short courses are led by an expert team of trainers who have over 10 years of industry and teaching experience, and are all passionate and dedicated to getting you on the right path to success. Ranging from four hours to five days, New Horizons has short courses that’ll fill your knowledge gaps and lift your credentials in no time.
With a commitment to helping you achieve your educational goals, New Horizons Australia Institute of Technology is all about putting you on the right path to success. Turn to their experienced team and teachers to help equip you with the right skills and knowledge that’ll set you apart from the rest.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this Microsoft 20488 course from New Horizons, students will be able to:
- Design and manage features and solutions
- Develop code for custom server-side components
- Manage and customise authentication and authorisation
- Create custom sites and lists and manage the site lifecycle
- Explain the capabilities and design choices for SharePoint apps
- Use the client-side object model and the REST API
- Develop provider-hosted and auto-hosted SharePoint apps
- Distribute and deploy SharePoint apps
- Create custom workflows to automate business processes
- Use fields and content types to manage taxonomy
- Customise the appearance and behaviour of user interface elements
- Customise navigation and site branding
How Much Will It Cost?
An upfront payment of $4,200 is required to enroll in this course. Enquire now to find out more!
What You'll Need To Get In
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- A working knowledge of using Visual Studio 2010 or Visual Studio 2012 to develop solutions
- A basic working knowledge of SharePoint solution development, either in SharePoint 2013 or in earlier versions of SharePoint
- A working knowledge of Visual C# and the .NET Framework 4.5
- A basic understanding of ASP.NET and server-side web development technologies, including request/response and the page lifecycle
- A basic understanding of AJAX and asynchronous programming techniques
- Familiarity with approaches to authentication and authorization, including claims-based authentication
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: