20487- Developing Windows Azure and Web Services
What You'll Learn
In this course, the subjects you may study include:
· Module 1: Overview of service and cloud technologies
· Module 2: Querying and manipulating data using entity framework
· Module 3: Creating and consuming ASP.NET Web API services
· Module 4: Extending and securing ASP.NET Web API services
· Module 5: Creating WCF services
· Module 6: Designing and extending WCF services
· Module 7: Implementing security in WCF services
· Module 8: Windows Azure service bus
· Module 9: Hosting services
· Module 10: Deploying services
· Module 11: Windows Azure storage
· Module 12: Monitoring and diagnostics
· Module 13: Identity management and access control
· Module 14: Scaling services
Why Study With New Horizons Australia Institute of Technology
With experience in delivering technology training that spans over 35 years, you can trust New Horizons Australia Institute of Technology to boost your skills in a range of areas including information technology, leadership, graphic design and more.
Their short courses are led by an expert team of trainers who have over 10 years of industry and teaching experience, and are all passionate and dedicated to getting you on the right path to success. Ranging from four hours to five days, New Horizons has short courses that’ll fill your knowledge gaps and lift your credentials in no time.
With a commitment to helping you achieve your educational goals, New Horizons Australia Institute of Technology is all about putting you on the right path to success. Turn to their experienced team and teachers to help equip you with the right skills and knowledge that’ll set you apart from the rest.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this Microsoft 20487 course from New Horizons, students will be able to:
- Query and manipulate data with Entity Framework
- Use ASP.NET Web API to create HTTP-based services and consume them from .NET and non-.NET clients
- Extend ASP.NET Web API services using message handlers, model binders, action filters, and media type format
- Create SOAP-based services with the Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) and consume them from .NET clients
- Apply design principles to service contracts and extend WCF services using custom runtime components and behaviours
- Secure WCF services using transport and message security
- Use Windows Azure Service Bus for relayed messaging and brokered messaging using queues and topics
- Host services on on-premises servers, and on various Windows Azure environments, such as Web Roles, Worker Roles, and Web Sites
- Deploy services to both on-premises servers and Windows Azure
- Store and access data in Windows Azure Storage, and configure storage access rights
- Monitor and log services, both on-premises and in Windows Azure
- Implement federated authentication by using ACS with ASP.NET Web API services
- Create scalable, load-balanced services
How Much Will It Cost?
An upfront payment of $4,200 is required to enroll in this course. Enquire now to find out more!
What You'll Need To Get In
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Experience with C# programming, and concepts such as Lambda expressions, LINQ, and anonymous types.
- Understanding the concepts of n-tier applications.
- Experience with querying and manipulating data with ADO.NET.
- Knowledge of XML data structures.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: