20486- Developing ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications
In this Microsoft 20486 course provided by New Horizons, students will learn to develop advanced ASP.NET MVC applications using .NET Framework 4.5 tools and technologies. The focus will be on coding activities that enhance the performance and scalability of the Web site application. ASP.NET MVC will be introduced and compared with Web Forms so that students know when each should/could be used. This course will also prepare the student for Exam 70-486.
What You'll Learn
In this Microsoft 20486 course, the subjects you may study include:
· Module 1: Exploring ASP.NET MVC 4
· Module 2: Designing ASP.NET MVC 4 web applications
· Module 3: Developing ASP.NET MVC 4 models
· Module 4: Developing ASP.NET MVC 4 controllers
· Module 5: Developing ASP.NET MVC 4 views
· Module 6: Testing and debugging ASP.NET MVC 4 web applications
· Module 7: Structuring ASP.NET MVC 4 web applications
· Module 8: Applying styles to ASP.NET MVC 4 web applications
· Module 9: Building responsive pages in ASP.NET MVC 4 web applications
· Module 11: Controlling access to ASP.NET MVC 4 web applications
· Module 12: Building a resilient ASP.NET MVC 4 web application
· Module 13: Using Windows Azure web services in ASP.NET MVC 4 web applications
· Module 14: Implementing web APIs in ASP.NET MVC 4 web applications
· Module 15: Handling requests in ASP.NET MVC 4 web applications
· Module 16: Deploying ASP.NET MVC 4 web applications
Why Study With New Horizons Australia Institute of Technology
With experience in delivering technology training that spans over 35 years, you can trust New Horizons Australia Institute of Technology to boost your skills in a range of areas including information technology, leadership, graphic design and more.
Their short courses are led by an expert team of trainers who have over 10 years of industry and teaching experience, and are all passionate and dedicated to getting you on the right path to success. Ranging from four hours to five days, New Horizons has short courses that’ll fill your knowledge gaps and lift your credentials in no time.
With a commitment to helping you achieve your educational goals, New Horizons Australia Institute of Technology is all about putting you on the right path to success. Turn to their experienced team and teachers to help equip you with the right skills and knowledge that’ll set you apart from the rest.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this Microsoft 20486 course from New Horizons, students will be able to:
- Describe the Microsoft Web Technologies stack and select an appropriate technology to use to develop any given application
- Design the architecture and implementation of a web application that will meet a set of functional requirements, user interface requirements, and address business models
- Create MVC Models and write code that implements business logic within Model methods, properties, and events
- Add Controllers to an MVC Application to manage user interaction, update models, and select and return Views
- Create Views in an MVC application that display and edit data and interact with Models and Controllers
- Run unit tests and debugging tools against a web application in Visual Studio 2012 and configure an application for troubleshooting
- Develop a web application that uses the ASP.NET routing engine to present friendly URLs and a logical navigation hierarchy to users
- Implement a consistent look and feel, including corporate branding, across an entire MVC web application
- Use partial page updates and caching to reduce the network bandwidth used by an application and accelerate responses to user requests
- Implement a complete membership system in an MVC 4 web application
- Build an MVC application that resists malicious attacks and persists information about users and preferences
- Describe how to write a Windows Azure web service and call it from an MVC application
- Describe what a Web API is and why developers might add a Web API to an application
- Modify the way browser requests are handled by an MVC application
- Describe how to package and deploy an ASP.NET MVC 4 web application from a development computer to a web server for staging or production
How Much Will It Cost?
An upfront payment of $4,200 is required to enroll in this course. Enquire now to find out more!
What You'll Need To Get In
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- A minimum of two to three years of experience developing web-based applications by using Microsoft Visual Studio and Microsoft ASP.NET, proficiency in using the .NET Framework, and some familiarity with the C# language
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: