In this Microsoft 20482 course by New Horizons, the students will learn the more advanced programming skills and techniques that they can use to optimize their Windows Store app and differentiate their app from other apps in the Windows Store. These advanced skills and techniques include a combination of both design and development skills. The students will also learn about supporting the apps that they have published in the Windows Store.
What You'll Learn
In this Microsoft 20482 course, the subjects you may study include:
· Module 1: Windows store app essentials
· Module 2: Implementing animations and transitions
· Module 3: Implementing globalization and localization
· Module 4: Branding and a seamless user interface
· Module 5: Advanced data scenarios in a Windows Store app
· Module 6: Creating reusable controls and components
· Module 7: Implementing advanced contract scenarios
· Module 8: The Windows push notification service (WNS)
· Module 9: Capturing media
· Module 10: Background tasks
· Module 11: Working with sensors and devices
· Module 12: Generating revenue with your app
· Module 13: Securing Windows Store app data
· Module 14: Tracing and profiling Windows Store apps
Why Study With New Horizons Australia Institute of Technology
With experience in delivering technology training that spans over 35 years, you can trust New Horizons Australia Institute of Technology to boost your skills in a range of areas including information technology, leadership, graphic design and more.
Their short courses are led by an expert team of trainers who have over 10 years of industry and teaching experience, and are all passionate and dedicated to getting you on the right path to success. Ranging from four hours to five days, New Horizons has short courses that’ll fill your knowledge gaps and lift your credentials in no time.
With a commitment to helping you achieve your educational goals, New Horizons Australia Institute of Technology is all about putting you on the right path to success. Turn to their experienced team and teachers to help equip you with the right skills and knowledge that’ll set you apart from the rest.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this Microsoft 20482 course from New Horizons, students will be able to:
- Add animations and transitions in a Windows Store app to improve the user experience
- Localise the Windows Store app UI
- Brand the Windows Store app and improve the loading experience with a splash screen
- Use various storage mechanisms, choose a suitable caching strategy for their Windows Store app, and use advanced file access methods
- Create custom controls, extend templated controls, and create and consume WinMD components
- Implement the Print and Settings contracts and the Play To API
- Work with the Push Notification Service (WNS)
- Capture media with the camera and microphone
- Create and consume background tasks
- Discover device capabilities, interact with devices, and act upon sensor data
- Implement Windows Store trial licensing and in-app purchasing and advertising
- Understand how to manage Windows authentication and web authentication in Windows Store apps
- Diagnose problems and monitor application behavior using tracing and profiling tools and APIs
How Much Will It Cost?
An upfront payment of $4,450 is required to enroll in this course. Enquire now to find out more!
What You'll Need To Get In
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- 6 – 12 months experience programming in HTML5
- 3 – 6 months experience using Visual Studio 2012 (including experience using preview builds)
- 1 month of experience working on Windows 8 apps
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: