In this Microsoft 20481 course by New Horizons, students will learn essential programming skills and techniques that are required to develop Windows Store apps. This includes a combination of both design and development skills, as well as ensuring that students are comfortable using and making the most of the Visual Studio and Expression Blend tools.
What You'll Learn
· Module 1: Overview of the Windows 8 platform and windows store apps
· Module 2: Single-page applications and the MVVM design pattern
· Module 3: Using WinJS
· Module 4: Implementing layout using Windows 8 built-in controls
· Module 5: Presenting data
· Module 6: Handling files in windows store apps
· Module 7: Windows store App process lifetime management
· Module 8: Designing and implementing navigation in a windows store app
· Module 9: Implementing Windows 8 contracts
· Module 10: Implementing tiles and user notifications
· Module 11: Designing and implementing a data access strategy
· Module 12: Responding to mouse, keyboard, and touch
· Module 13: Planning for windows store app deployment
Why Study With New Horizons Australia Institute of Technology
With experience in delivering technology training that spans over 35 years, you can trust New Horizons Australia Institute of Technology to boost your skills in a range of areas including information technology, leadership, graphic design and more.
Their short courses are led by an expert team of trainers who have over 10 years of industry and teaching experience, and are all passionate and dedicated to getting you on the right path to success. Ranging from four hours to five days, New Horizons has short courses that’ll fill your knowledge gaps and lift your credentials in no time.
With a commitment to helping you achieve your educational goals, New Horizons Australia Institute of Technology is all about putting you on the right path to success. Turn to their experienced team and teachers to help equip you with the right skills and knowledge that’ll set you apart from the rest.
Where Will It Lead Me?
- Describe review the Windows 8 platform and features, and explore the basics of a Windows app interface
- Create the User Interface layout and structure
- Apply the MVVM pattern to application design
- Implement the AppBar and layout controls
- Use templates to create the UI
- Use data binding to present data in the UI
- Handle files and streams
- Design and implement Process Lifetime Management (PLM)
- Handle navigation scenarios in a Windows Store app
- Implement Semantic Zoom
- Design and implement contracts such as Search, Share and Settings
- Implement tiles and toast notifications in a Windows Store app
- Respond to mouse, keyboard and touch events, including gestures
- Deploy a Windows Store app to the Windows Store or an enterprise store
How Much Will It Cost?
An upfront payment of $4,450 is required to enroll in this course. Enquire now to find out more!
What You'll Need To Get In
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- 1 or more years of experience creating applications
- 1 – 3 months experience creating Windows client applications
- 1 – 3 months experience using Visual Studio 2010 or 2012
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: