The lab scenarios in this course are selected to support and demonstrate the structure of various application scenarios. They are intended to focus on the principles and coding components/structures that are used to establish an HTML5 software application.
What You'll Learn
· Module 1: Overview of HTML and CSS
· Module 2: Creating and styling HTML5 pages
· Module 4: Creating forms to collect data and validate user input
· Module 5: Communicating with a remote data source
· Module 6: Styling HTML5 by using CSS3
· Module 8: Creating interactive pages using HTML5 APIs
· Module 9: Adding offline support to web applications
· Module 10: Implementing an adaptive user interface
· Module 11: Creating advanced graphics
· Module 12: Animating the user interface
· Module 13: Implementing real-time communications by using web sockets
· Module 14: Creating a web worker process
Why Study With New Horizons Australia Institute of Technology
With experience in delivering technology training that spans over 35 years, you can trust New Horizons Australia Institute of Technology to boost your skills in a range of areas including information technology, leadership, graphic design and more.
Their short courses are led by an expert team of trainers who have over 10 years of industry and teaching experience, and are all passionate and dedicated to getting you on the right path to success. Ranging from four hours to five days, New Horizons has short courses that’ll fill your knowledge gaps and lift your credentials in no time.
With a commitment to helping you achieve your educational goals, New Horizons Australia Institute of Technology is all about putting you on the right path to success. Turn to their experienced team and teachers to help equip you with the right skills and knowledge that’ll set you apart from the rest.
Where Will It Lead Me?
- Explain how to use Visual Studio 2012 to create and run a Web application.
- Describe the new features of HTML5, and create and style HTML5 pages.
- Send and receive data to and from a remote data source by using XMLHttpRequest objects and jQuery AJAX operations.
- Style HTML5 pages by using CSS3.
- Use common HTML5 APIs in interactive Web applications.
- Create Web applications that support offline operations.
- Create HTML5 Web pages that can adapt to different devices and form factors.
- Add advanced graphics to an HTML5 page by using Canvas elements, and by using and Scalable Vector Graphics.
- Enhance the user experience by adding animations to an HTML5 page.
- Use Web Sockets to send and receive data between a Web application and a server.
- Improve the responsiveness of a Web application that performs long-running operations by using Web Worker processes.
How Much Will It Cost?
An upfront payment of $4,450 is required to enroll in this course. Enquire now to find out more!
What You'll Need To Get In
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- students must have at least three months of professional development experience.
- Understand the basic HTML document structure:
- How to use HTML tags to display text content
- How to use HTML tags to display graphics
- How to use HTML APIs.
- Understand how to style common HTML elements using CSS, including:
- How to separate presentation from content
- How to manage content flow
- How to control the position of individual elements
- How to implement basic CSS styling
- How to create and use variables
- How to use:
- Arithmetic operators to perform arithmetic calculations involving one or more variables
- Relational operators to test the relationship between two variables or expressions
- Logical operators to combine expressions that contain relational operators
- How to control the program flow by using if … else statements
- How to implement iterations by using loops
- How to write simple functions
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: