Front End Web Development Part-Time
- Awarded byGeneral Assembly
- QualificationShort Course
- Study ModeOnline
- Course Cost$4,500
- Duration10 Week Part-Time
- Payment OptionPayment planUpfront payment
- Duration10 Week Part-Time
- Start DateEnquire now for upcoming start dates.
- LocationNSW | VIC
- Career OutcomesWeb Designer | Digital Media Developer | Website Developer | View all
A part-time, instructor-led 10-week course (offered in-person or Remote) designed to provide an introduction to the field of Front-End Web Development; participants will graduate with the coding fundamentals to build web pages from scratch and a portfolio piece to match.
What You'll Learn
Created With a Focus on Real-World Relevance
Start Building Dynamic, Responsive Websites
Build your first website using HTML and CSS
- CSS box model
- Layouts & Grid Based Design
- Media Queries
- Programming Fundamentals
- jQuery selectors
- Code interactions with jQuery
Building interactive websites.
- Building websites from scratch
- Refactoring code
Why Study With General Assembly
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. When you learn web development, data, design, business, and more with GA, you get:
- Award-winning curriculum and expert instructors, on campus and online.
- A global, professional community of 40,000-plus full- and part-time alumni.
- Career results from leading-edge courses, with mentorship each step of the way.
Founded in New York City, General Assembly is creating a global community of individuals empowered to pursue work they love, by offering short-from upskilling programs through to 12 week immersive programs designed to help you land a role in the tech industry.
Courses can be taken on campus at locations in Sydney and Melbourne or virtually via a Live Online Remote Format.
Be part of a supportive community during every step of your learning journey and beyond!
At GA, you will have a dedicated student success producer, to guide you through the course and ensure you are supported throughout your journey. You will also have the opportunity to attend regular social events, to mingle with other students and alumni.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this course, you will obtain a certificate of completion of the Web Development Part-Time course from General Assembly.
This qualification will enable you to demonstrate skills, abilities and experience in the sought-after fields of web development and design, and may enable you to pursue new employment in a role relating to web development, web design, user experience design or programming.
After completing this course, you may choose to seek employment as a website developer, editor or programmer, or take on responsibilities relating to digital media, digital decision-making and online content development.
- Web Designer
- Digital Media Developer
- Website Developer
- Web Developer
- Assistant Web Developer
- Junior Web Designer
- Assistant Web Designer
- UX Designer
- User Experience Designer
How Much Will It Cost?
The fee for this course is $4,500.
General Assembly offers affordable payment options to help you start your studies sooner:
- Make repayments through Study Loans
- Or, pay your course fees upfront via credit card.
- Make repayments through zipMoney
What You'll Need To Get In
There are no prerequisites for this course.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: