CHC30213/CHC40213 Certificate III in Education Support & Certificate IV in Education Support
- Awarded byFoundation Education (RTO 22557)
- QualificationCertificate III, Certificate IV
- Study ModeOnline
- Course CostUpfront Payment: $4,490 OR Payment Plan: 52 Weekly Instalments of $97.88 (plus $100 deposit).
- DurationThe program is delivered over 18 – 24 months
- Payment OptionPayment planUpfront payment
- DurationThe program is delivered over 18 – 24 months
- Start DateAnytime – start today!
- Career OutcomesEducation Support Worker | Education Officer | Special Needs Support Worker | View all
The Certificate III in Education Support and Certificate IV in Education Support dual qualification will equip you with the skills required to support students with different developmental issues, and the knowledge needed to guide the responsible behaviour of children and young people in a safe and supportive environment.
You will also learn how to assist Teachers in delivering planned education programs, support the development of literacy, numeracy and oral skills, ensure the learning environment is inclusive and relevant, support and protect children and young people who are at risk of harm, ensure the effective functioning of a classroom and understand and apply a range of principles and processes to facilitate student learning.
Upon completion of this course, you will be qualified to work as a Teacher Aide, Education Assistant or Education Officer. You may also choose to work as a Special Needs Teacher Aide, assisting Teachers in educating children with learning difficulties. Across all roles, you will encourage participation in classroom and other school activities to develop the skill sets and increase the confidence of children.
These courses also require a minimum of 100 hours of work placement in an education environment and a supervisor able to sign off on practical demonstration elements. You will also be required to undertake the unit HLTAID003 Provide First Aid through an external provider.
This course meets the Nationally Recognised Training standards. It is listed on the Australian government’s National Register for Vocational Education and Training (VET). Studying this course leads to a qualification that’s recognised throughout Australia, and lets employers know that you have the right skills for the job.
What You'll Learn
In this education course, the subjects you may study include:
- CHCEDS001 - Comply with legislative, policy and industrial requirements in the education environment
- CHCEDS002 - Assist implementation of planned educational programs
- CHCEDS003 - Contribute to student education in all developmental domains
- CHCEDS004 - Contribute to organisation and management of classroom or centre
- CHCEDS005 - Support the development of literacy and oral language skills
- CHCEDS006 - Support the development of numeracy skills
- CHCEDS007 - Work effectively with students and colleagues
- CHCEDS017 - Contribute to the health and safety of students
- CHCEDS018 - Support students with additional needs in the classroom environment
- CHCECE006 - Support behaviour of children and young people
- CHCEDS024 - Use educational strategies to support Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander education
- CHCEDS025 - Facilitate learning for students with disabilities
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- CHCDIV002 - Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCPRT001 - Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- HLTWHS001 - Participate in workplace health and safety
- *HLTAID003 - Provide first aid
- CHCEDS023 - Supervise students outside the classroom
- CHCPRP001 - Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships
- CHCEDS021 - Assist in facilitation of student learning
- CHCEDS022 - Work with students in need of additional support
- CHCEDS032 - Support learning and implementation of responsible behaviour
- CHCPRP003 - Reflect on and improve own professional practice
* Please note that unit HLTAID003 – Provide first aid must be completed through an external provider.
Why Study With Foundation Education
For 20 years Foundation Education has been boosting the skills of their students and getting them workplace ready. With nationally recognised certificates in Early Childhood Education and Care, Health Administration, Allied Health, Dental Care and more, you can trust Foundation Education to provide you with the premier education you’re seeking.
When you study with Foundation Education you’ll be getting the up-to-date knowledge and support you need to conquer your career goals. Their Certificate III and IV courses will provide you with the perfect entry point into your field or a gateway into University.
Study online and enjoy a flexible learning experience tailored to suit your schedule. Simply log on and learn at your own pace and convenience.
Get expert support and guidance along every step of your Foundation Education study journey.
Their dedicated support services include an Orientation to help familiarise you with the new e-learning platform; Specialist and Technical Advisors who are on hand to answer any questions around your course content and assessments; Student Support Officers to assist you with all general enquiries, and a team of Assessors to evaluate assignments and provide feedback.
Plus throughout your studies you will have access to group and individual coaching sessions, activity monitoring to help you stay on track with your assignments and a range of career preparation tools.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this course you will receive a nationally recognised, accredited CHC30213 Certificate III in Education Support and CHC40213 Certificate IV in Education Support from Foundation Education.
With this dual qualification, you will gain job-ready skills to potentially start your career in teaching or special needs support with practical experience and foundational knowledge behind you, giving you an employment advantage.
- Education Support Worker
- Education Officer
- Special Needs Support Worker
- Teacher's Aide
- Teaching Assistant
- Education Assistant
How Much Will It Cost?
Foundation Education offers affordable payment options to help you start your studies sooner.
Payment Option 1: Pay in weekly instalments
- $97.88 per week (52 weekly repayments)
Payment Option 2: Pay in full when you enrol and save up to $700 on your course fees
- $4,490 upfront payment
Tuition fees include course delivery and assessment, study materials and dedicated student support services. Please note this course does not qualify for VET FEE-Help or other assisted government funding.
What You'll Need To Get In
You will need to have completed year 12, or equivalent. Equivalency can be demonstrated by one of the following:
- A qualification at Certificate II level or higher OR
- 2 years of industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication.
You will need to be at least 16 years old. If you are under 18 your enrolment form will need to be signed by a parent or guardian.
You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
In order to complete the online part of the course you will need regular access to the following:
- Computer: Laptop or desktop computer with working speakers or headphone points
- Internet: High speed internet such as Broadband or ADSL, T1/T2, fibre optic or cable (Dial-up access will be significantly slower and is not recommended).
- Windows : Operating system – Windows XP or Vista 7 or above
- Internet Browser – Internet Explorer 7 or higher or the latest version of Google Chrome
- MAC : Operating system: OS X 10.4 or later. Internet Browser – latest version of Google Chrome
- Software: Flash, Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word (or Open Office which is free to download