Applied Project ManagementGet a Free Course Guide
- Awarded byAustralian Institute of Management Education and Training (RTO 0049)
- QualificationShort Course
- Study ModeOn Campus
- Course Cost$3,025
- Duration3 Days
- Payment OptionPayment planUpfront payment
- Duration3 Days
- Start DateEnquire now for upcoming start dates.
- LocationNSW | QLD | SA | VIC | ACT
All projects rely on precise and effective teamwork for their success, yet each also has its unique set of managerial challenges. Providing an exploration of all aspects of the project management life cycle, from initiation and planning through to execution and closure, you’ll learn how to manage for successful project outcomes with this Applied Project Management course. Included are comprehensive course notes, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea and internet access.
The benefits of studying in a classroom setting include being able to share first-hand experiences, ideas and questions with peers and our expert facilitators. You’ll study alongside like-minded people and strengthen your network.
Australian Institute of Management Education and Training facilitators are experienced practitioners with a robust mix of academic and practical expertise. We believe the education of the future managers of Australia to be a highly important task. Who is better placed to teach the art and science of management than those with current, daily real-world experience?
What You'll Learn
In this Applied Project Management course, the subjects you may study include:
- Defining a project
- Approaches to project management
- Project Lifecycle/Knowledge areas
- Project charter
- Project stakeholders
- Project scope
- Business Requirements
- Scope Definition
- Time estimating/critical path analysis
- Cost/Resource estimating
- Project quality
- Allocating human resources
- Choosing a management style
- Managing project team performance
- Project Communication
- Project Procurement
- Project Risk
- Project Execution
- Effective Team Meetings
- Change Management
- Milestone reporting
- Time and cost management
- Project closure
Why Study With Australian Institute of Management Education and Training
AIM provides students with practical qualifications that certify their skills and advances their careers. Each qualification is delivered through a blend of practical exercises and evaluative tools, and with no exams to study for; students can focus on completing assessments that have real world application. With the choice to study online or on campus, studying with AIM means you can maintain your work-life balance while building your future career.
Australian Institute of Management Education and Training Pty Limited (ABN 40 009 668 553); RTO code 0049 (AIMET); level 21, 580 George St, Sydney, NSW, 2000, an approved FEE-HELP and VET FEE-HELP provider. AIMET is a registered Higher Education Provider listed on the national register, Provider ID: PRV12071. AIMET uses the brand name AIM with permission from the Australian Institute of Management (ABN 56 004 525 017).
AIM (RTO 0049) prides itself on delivering holistic, comprehensive qualifications, that helps you fast-track your career whilst gaining official certification of your skills. Whether you prefer online learning or face-to-face classes, AIM offers both options.
The online virtual campus, MyAIM allows students to work through the online modules at their own pace, connect with other students and receive online learning support from AIM’s Student Support and Coaching Services teams.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this Applied Project Management course from Australian Institute of Management Education and Training you will be able to:
- Contribute to the control of a project’s scope by identifying objectives, constraints and outcomes.
- Apply an agreed project schedule and evaluate the effectiveness of time management while applying quality management policies and procedures.
- Monitor project expenditure, identify procurement requirements and assist with supplier selection.
- Identify and address stakeholder needs through effective engagement practices.
- Plan for, control and review any risks associated with the project and ensure timely and appropriate involvement of key individuals, organizations and groups.
How Much Will It Cost?
We require full payment to be made upfront prior to attending the training. Payment options we offer include:
- Credit Card (Visa/MasterCard/Amex)
- Direct Deposit (EFT)
- Purchase Order - If you need to raise an internal purchase order please advise. Your space on the course is not secured until you have provided us with an official Purchase Order with all relevant
- Zip Money - If you would like to spread the cost of your training out our finance partner Zip Money can offer you a line of credit with 6 months interest-free and flexible weekly, fortnightly or monthly payment options.
What You'll Need To Get In
This Applied Project Management course will suit you if you’re already involved in workplace projects or you have some experience in managing projects and are looking to transition to a project manager role.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: