SIS40215 PT Direct Pathway (Certificate IV in Fitness + Prerequisite Units)
- Awarded byOnfit Training College (RTO 32107)
- QualificationCertificate IV
- Study ModeOnline
- Course CostPay upfront and save or choose one of their flexible payment plans
- DurationMaximum 20 months
- Payment OptionPayment planUpfront payment
- DurationMaximum 20 months
- Start DateEnquire now for upcoming start dates.
- Career OutcomesPersonal Trainer | Boot Camp Instructor | Gym Instructor | View all
Have you been searching for the most direct and effective way to gain your personal training qualification? Look no further! The PT Direct Pathway (Certificate IV in Fitness + Prerequisite Units) from Onfit Training College is exactly what you need.
This special fast-tracked course is your ticket into the fitness industry. The Certificate IV in Fitness is the minimum qualification required for personal trainers in Australia, but you don’t necessarily need to complete an entire Cert III in order to begin your Cert IV. Instead, you can take Onfit’s PT Direct Pathway, designed especially for those wishing to fast-track their entry into the personal training profession. In addition to the Certificate IV, this course incorporates the essential prerequisite units from the Certificate III in Fitness, all in one neat bundle.
From providing health screening and fitness appraisals to developing and instructing fitness classes and programs, you’ll develop all the skills you need to succeed as a personal trainer. Plus, you’ll also cover the basics of small business operation so you can launch and run your very own PT business! With Onfit’s flexible online learning environment and 65 hours of practical work placement incorporated into your course, you’ll graduate with a great skillset and the confidence you need to kickstart your career.
This course meets the Nationally Recognised Training standards. It is listed on the Australian government’s National Register for Vocational Education and Training (VET). Studying this course leads to a qualification that’s recognised throughout Australia, and lets employers know that you have the right skills for the job.
What You'll Learn
In this fitness course, the subjects you may study include:
- SISFFIT001 - Provide health screening and fitness orientation
- SISFFIT002 - Recognise and apply exercise considerations for specific populations
- SISFFIT003 - Instruct fitness programs
- SISFFIT004 - Incorporate anatomy and physiology principles into fitness programming
- SISFFIT005 - Provide healthy eating information
- SISFFIT006 - Conduct fitness appraisals
- SISFFIT014 - Instruct exercise to older clients
- SISXCCS001 - Provide quality service
- SISFFIT013 - Instruct exercise to young people aged 13 to 17 years
- SISFFIT015 - Collaborate with medical and allied health professionals in a fitness context
- SISFFIT016 - Provide motivation to positively influence exercise behaviour
- SISFFIT017 - Instruct long-term exercise programs
- SISFFIT018 - Promote functional movement capacity
- SISFFIT019 - Incorporate exercise science principles into fitness programming
- SISFFIT020 - Instruct exercise programs for body composition goals
- SISFFIT021 - Instruct personal training programs
- SISFFIT023 - Instruct group personal training programs
- SISFFIT025 Recognise the dangers of providing nutrition advice to clients
- SISFFIT026 - Support healthy eating through the Eat for Health Program
- SISXRES001 - Conduct sustainable work practices in open spaces
- BSBSMB401 - Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business
- BSBSMB403 - Market the small business
- BSBSMB404 - Undertake small business planning
- BSBSMB420 - Evaluate and develop small business operations
- SISSSTC301A - Instruct strength and conditioning techniques
- SISSSTC402A - Develop strength and conditioning programs
- SISXCAI005 - Conduct individualised long-term training programs
- SISXCCS003 - Address client needs
Why Study With Onfit Training College
The demand for fitness, health and nutrition professionals is higher than ever. Get the skills and the right accreditation to fill the gap when you study with Onfit Training College. Check out their range of courses and take the first step toward improving the health of fellow Australians.
Study online and kickstart your career! Simply log on and learn from expertly led instructors and assessors who have over 130 years of combined experience in the health and fitness field.
With nationally-recognised courses in Allied Health, Weight Management, Fitness and more, you can trust Onfit Training College to give your career the headstart it needs to succeed. RTO 32107
Students of Onfit Training College will have access to their exclusive Circle of Support Program which is designed to aid easy study. The Onfit team is dedicated to helping you succeed and through this program, you’ll be able to have access to the support you need, anytime, anywhere.
“I really appreciate all the support that Onfit gave me throughout my cert 3. Without the encouragement, support from admin, eTutors and assessors, feedback and additional information needed for understanding, I would definitely be in a totally different headspace.” Onfit Training College graduate, Marylyn.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a Certificate IV in Fitness from Onfit Training College.
Graduates are prepared to enter the fitness industry as boot camp instructors or personal trainers, in a gym setting or as a sole trader with their own PT business.
- Personal Trainer
- Boot Camp Instructor
- Gym Instructor
- Group Exercise Instructor
How Much Will It Cost?
Students may choose to pay their course fees in full upfront to receive a discount or utilise a payment plan with options including no deposit and up to 12 months interest-free.
What You'll Need To Get In
There are no formal prerequisite study requirements for this course.