SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness
- Awarded byOnfit Training College (RTO 32107)
- QualificationCertificate IV
- Study ModeOnline
- Course CostPay upfront and save or utilise a payment plan with options including no deposit and up to 12 months interest-free.
- DurationMaximum 12 months
- Payment OptionPayment planUpfront payment
- DurationMaximum 12 months
- Start DateEnquire now for upcoming start dates
- Career OutcomesPersonal Trainer | Boot Camp Instructor | Gym Instructor
Is it your dream to work in the fitness industry, helping others improve their lives through exercise? Take your first steps towards becoming a personal trainer with the SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness from Onfit Training College.
Throughout this dynamic online course, you’ll develop the knowledge base and skillset you need to become an effective personal trainer. You’ll learn how to develop and lead training programs for a variety of clients, how to motivate those clients to achieve their goals, and how to work in a range of gym and fitness environments. You’ll also become well-versed in the practices of planning, marketing, managing and monitoring a small business. So by the time you graduate, you’ll have both the know-how to help you start your own personal training business and the skills to ensure you’re providing the best possible service to your clients.
Studying with Onfit Training College, you’ll have a vibrant and interactive online learning experience. With lessons and online theory assessments conducted entirely online (some through live virtual reality lectures!), you can study when and where it suits you. And with 40 hours of practical work placement, you’ll gain the hands-on experience you need to break into the industry. So don’t hesitate – take the leap and begin the journey towards your dream career today!
This course meets the Nationally Recognised Training standards. It is listed on the Australian government’s National Register for Vocational Education and Training (VET). Studying this course leads to a qualification that’s recognised throughout Australia, and lets employers know that you have the right skills for the job.
What You'll Learn
In this fitness course, the subjects you may study include:
- SISFFIT013 – Instruct exercise to young people aged 13 to 17 years
- SISFFIT015 – Collaborate with medical and allied health professionals in a fitness context
- SISFFIT016 – Provide motivation to positively influence exercise behaviour
- SISFFIT017 – Instruct long-term exercise programs
- SISFFIT018 – Promote functional movement capacity
- SISFFIT019 – Incorporate exercise science principles into fitness programming
- SISFFIT020 – Instruct exercise programs for body composition goals
- SISFFIT021 – Instruct personal training programs
- SISFFIT023 – Instruct group personal training programs
- SISFFIT025 – Recognise the dangers of providing nutrition advice to clients
- SISFFIT026 – Support healthy eating through the Eat for Health Program
- SISXRES001 – Conduct sustainable work practices in open spaces
- BSBSMB401 – Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business
- BSBSMB403 – Market the small business
- BSBSMB404 – Undertake small business planning
- BSBSMB405 – Monitor and manage small business operations
- SISSSTC301A – Instruct strength and conditioning techniques
- SISSSTC402A – Develop strength and conditioning programs
- SISXCAI005 – Conduct individualised long-term training programs
- SISXCCS003 – Address client needs
Why Study With Onfit Training College
The demand for fitness, health and nutrition professionals is higher than ever. Get the skills and the right accreditation to fill the gap when you study with Onfit Training College. Check out their range of courses and take the first step toward improving the health of fellow Australians.
Study online and kickstart your career! Simply log on and learn from expertly led instructors and assessors who have over 130 years of combined experience in the health and fitness field.
With nationally-recognised courses in Allied Health, Weight Management, Fitness and more, you can trust Onfit Training College to give your career the headstart it needs to succeed. RTO 32107
Students of Onfit Training College will have access to their exclusive Circle of Support Program which is designed to aid easy study. The Onfit team is dedicated to helping you succeed and through this program, you’ll be able to have access to the support you need, anytime, anywhere.
“I really appreciate all the support that Onfit gave me throughout my cert 3. Without the encouragement, support from admin, eTutors and assessors, feedback and additional information needed for understanding, I would definitely be in a totally different headspace.” Onfit Training College graduate, Marylyn.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness from Onfit Training College.
Graduates are prepared to pursue roles as personal trainers or boot camp instructors in gym environments or other organisations, and are also qualified to set up their own personal training businesses.
- Personal Trainer
- Boot Camp Instructor
- Gym Instructor
How Much Will It Cost?
Students may choose to pay their course fees in full upfront to receive a discount or utilise a payment plan with options including no deposit and up to 12 months interest-free.
What You'll Need To Get In
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Have completed the below units from the Certificate III in Fitness:
- SISFFIT001 - Provide health screening and fitness orientation
- SISFFIT002 - Recognise and apply exercise considerations for specific populations
- SISFFIT003 - Instruct fitness programs
- SISFFIT004 - Incorporate anatomy and physiology principles into fitness programming
- SISFFIT005 - Provide healthy eating information
- SISFFIT006 - Conduct fitness appraisals
- SISFFIT014 - Instruct exercise to older clients
- SISXCCS001 - Provide quality service; AND
- Provide copies of current First Aid and CPR Statements of Attainment.