SIS30315 Certificate III in Fitness (Gym Instructor)
- Awarded byAustralian Institute of Personal Trainers (RTO 32363)
- QualificationCertificate III, Certificate
- Study ModeBlended
- Payment OptionPayment planUpfront payment
- DurationUp to 12 months
- Start DateEnrol today and start your online learning anytime
- LocationNSW, TAS, WA, VIC, QLD, SA, ACT
- Career OutcomesFitness Instructor | Gym Instructor
Kickstart your career in the fitness industry with this SIS30315 Certificate III in Fitness (Gym Instructor) course! The course is designed to give you experience designing and delivering targeted fitness training to a wide range of clients.
With 30 hours of practical face-to-face training with an Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT) expert mentor or approved alternative mentor, you will gain professional skills to become familiar with gym equipment and class instruction techniques.
This course also includes online theory components to be completed in tandem with your practical training, ensuring you understand the basics of anatomy and physiology, healthy eating trends and motivational strategies to get the best results for your clients in their fitness journey.
Practical work placement
To successfully complete this course, you must undertake a total of 30 hours of practical work experience with a mentor in order to gain real-world skills. AIPT will pair you with one of their expert mentors – a fitness professional – in their gym or fitness studio. Alternatively, you will have the opportunity to select your own AIPT-approved mentor.
This course meets the Nationally Recognised Training standards. It is listed on the Australian government’s National Register for Vocational Education and Training (VET). Studying this course leads to a qualification that’s recognised throughout Australia, and lets employers know that you have the right skills for the job.
What You'll Learn
In this fitness course, the units of competency you may study include:
- HLTAID003* Provide first aid
- SISFFIT004 Incorporate anatomy and physiology principles into fitness programming
- SISFFIT001 Provide health screening and fitness orientation
- SISFFIT006 Conduct fitness appraisals
- SISFFIT005 Provide healthy eating information
- SISXCCS001 Provide quality service
- SISXFAC001 Maintain equipment for activities
- SISXIND001 Work effectively in sport, fitness and recreation environments
- SISFFIT003 Instruct fitness programs
- SISFFIT002 Recognise and apply exercise considerations for specific populations
- SISFFIT014 Instruct exercise to older clients
- SISFFIT012 Instruct movement programs to children aged 5–12 years
- HLTWHS001 Participate in workplace health and safety
- BSBRSK401 Identify risk and apply risk management processes
- SISXCCS003 Address client needs
- SISFFIT024 Instruct endurance programs
*You must complete this unit with an external provider. The Australian Institute of Personal Trainers has an agreement in place with Red Cross Australia (RTOID 3605) which allows students to receive training for this unit at a reduced price. Red Cross Australia is a third party training provider who conduct training and assessment services on behalf of Australian Institute of Personal Trainers. Please note that the cost of this external training is not included in any of your course fees. Upon completion, you will need to submit a copy of your first aid certificate in order for us to process a Credit Transfer against this unit on your student record. If you have chosen your own third party provider, you must submit a certified copy of your certificate. If you have undertaken training with Red Cross Australia, you must forward Australian Institute of Personal Trainers the email you receive which contains the electronic copy of your certificate.
Why Study With Australian Institute of Personal Trainers
As far as nutrition, fitness and wellness goes, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT) has got it all down pat! Learn from one of the best in the fitness education industry and gain a qualification that is widely recognised when you study with AIPT.
They’ve been qualifying countless students since 1999 and offer over 150 campuses and a huge network of mentors Australia-wide. With a dedication to raising the bar and profile of personal trainers, and a post-graduate employment rate that’s well above the industry average, you can trust AIPT to help give you the skills and knowledge to succeed.
From enrolment through to completion, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers has a number of support services to help you along your learning journey.
Stay on track and focused with AIPT’s Student Support Officers; get coaching and assistance with course content from their Specialist and Technical Advisors; trust their Assessors to provide constructive feedback, and understand the practical elements of your course from on-campus Personal Trainers.
AIPT also offer graduates access to a range of career preparation tools including CV templates, job interview tips and more.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this course you will receive a nationally recognised, accredited Certificate III in Fitness (Gym Instructor) (SIS30315) from the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT).
- Fitness Instructor
- Gym Instructor
How Much Will It Cost?
The Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT) offers affordable payment options to help you start your studies sooner
Student Selected Mentor
- Payment Option 1: Pay $1615 upfront in full
- Payment Option 2: Start studying from $39.71 a week on a 12-month payment plan with a deposit of $250 (52 weekly repayments)
- Payment Option 1: Pay $2,390 upfront in full
- Payment Option 2: Start studying from $54.62 a week on a 12-month payment plan with a deposit of $250 (52 weekly repayments)
Tuition fees include course delivery and assessment, study materials and dedicated student support services. Please note this course does not qualify for VET FEE Help or other assisted government funding.
What You'll Need To Get In
You will need to have completed year 10, or equivalent. Equivalency can be demonstrated by one of the following:
- A qualification at Certificate II level or higher OR
- 2 years of industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication.
You will need to be at least 16 years old. If you are under 18 your enrolment form will need to be signed by a parent or guardian.
You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
In order to complete the on-line part of the course you will need regular access to the following:
- Computer: Laptop or desktop computer with working speakers or headphone points.
- Internet: High speed internet such as Broadband or ADSL, T1/T2, fibre optic or cable (Dial-up access will be significantly slower and is not recommended).
- Windows : Operating system – Windows XP or Vista 7 or above. Internet Browser – Internet Explorer 7 or higher or the latest version of Google Chrome
- MAC : Operating system: OS X 10.4 or later. Internet Browser – latest version of Google Chrome.
- Software: Flash, Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word (or Open Office which is free to download
In addition applicants must hold a current Working With Children Check to complete the practical component of the course