HLT43015 Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance (Nutrition and Dietetics Specialisation)
- Awarded by22557
- QualificationCertificate IV
- Study ModeOnline
- Course CostUpfront Payment: $2,890 OR Payment Plan: 52 Weekly Instalments of $69.40 (plus $100 deposit)
- DurationSelf-paced; complete within 12 months
- Payment OptionPayment planUpfront payment
- DurationSelf-paced; complete within 12 months
- Start DateAnytime – start today!
- Career OutcomesAllied Health Assistant | Dietetics Assistant | Dietary Aide
The Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance (Nutrition and Dietetics Specialisation) is a nationally recognised training qualification which teaches you how to implement health care program activities, confirm a patient’s physical health status, interpret and apply medical terminology and follow safe work practices for direct client care. The elective nutrition and dietetics specialisation course units have been developed to teach you how to evaluate menus, meet individualised plans and monitor and implement therapeutic diets.
A qualification in Cert IV in Allied Health Assistance (Nutrition and Dietetics Specialisation) opens up employment opportunities across the healthcare and well-being sectors where you can perform a vital role in health and community sectors, including rehabilitation centres, allied health, health promotion and hospital food service departments.
Gain practical skills
This course also requires a minimum of 120 hours of work placement to be completed under the supervision of a suitably qualified Allied Health Provider who can expose the candidate to planning, developing and evaluating menus for their clients.
This course meets the Nationally Recognised Training standards. It is listed on the Australian government’s National Register for Vocational Education and Training (VET). Studying this course leads to a qualification that’s recognised throughout Australia, and lets employers know that you have the right skills for the job.
What You'll Learn
In this allied health course, the subjects you may study include:
- BSBINN301 - Promote innovation in a team environment
- BSBWOR204 - Use business technology
- BSBWOR502 - Lead and manage team effectiveness
- BSBMED301 - Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- CHCCOM005 - Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG003 - Manage legal and ethical compliance
- HLTAAP001 - Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTAHA001 - Assist with an allied health program
- HLTAAP002 - Confirm physical health status
- HLTAHA018 - Assist with planning and evaluating meals and menus to meet recommended dietary guidelines
- HLTAHA019 - Assist with the monitoring and modification of meals and menus according to individualised plans
- HLTAHA020 - Support food services in menu and meal order processing
- HLTAHA021 - Assist with screening and implementation of therapeutic diets
- HLTWHS002 - Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- *HLTAID003 - Provide first aid
*This course contains a core unit, HLTAID003 Provide first aid, which must be completed through an external RTO. Foundation Education has an agreement in place with Red Cross Australia (RTOID 3605) which allows students to receive training for this unit at a reduced price. Red Cross Australia is a third party training provider who conduct training and assessment services on behalf of Foundation Education.
Why Study With Foundation Education
For 20 years Foundation Education has been boosting the skills of their students and getting them workplace ready. With nationally recognised certificates in Early Childhood Education and Care, Health Administration, Allied Health, Dental Care and more, you can trust Foundation Education to provide you with the premier education you’re seeking.
When you study with Foundation Education you’ll be getting the up-to-date knowledge and support you need to conquer your career goals. Their Certificate III and IV courses will provide you with the perfect entry point into your field or a gateway into University.
Study online and enjoy a flexible learning experience tailored to suit your schedule. Simply log on and learn at your own pace and convenience.
Get expert support and guidance along every step of your Foundation Education study journey.
Their dedicated support services include an Orientation to help familiarise you with the new e-learning platform; Specialist and Technical Advisors who are on hand to answer any questions around your course content and assessments; Student Support Officers to assist you with all general enquiries, and a team of Assessors to evaluate assignments and provide feedback.
Plus throughout your studies you will have access to group and individual coaching sessions, activity monitoring to help you stay on track with your assignments and a range of career preparation tools.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this course you will receive a nationally recognised, accredited Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance (Nutrition and Dietetics Specialisation) (HLT43015) from Foundation Education.
This qualification will enable you to work under the supervision of a qualified Dietitian/Nutritionist to support the care of their clients. Your scope of practice could include:
- Apply clinical nutrition/therapeutic diet protocols as delegated
- Assist the clinical dietitian with implementation and monitoring of prescribed nutrition care plans, including discharge planning
- Assist with nutrition support for patients with, or at risk of malnutrition
- Communicate with relevant health service personnel regarding patient therapeutic diet requirements
- Facilitate and monitor orders to patient food services, as instructed
- Participate in risk screening (malnutrition screening, identify and report factors that place patients at nutritional and hydration risk during their admission, other relevant screening programs)
- Allied Health Assistant
- Dietetics Assistant
- Dietary Aide
How Much Will It Cost?
Foundation Education offers affordable payment options to help you start your studies sooner.
Payment Option 1: Pay in weekly instalments
- $69.40 per week (52 weekly repayments)
- $100 deposit
Payment Option 2: Pay in full when you enrol and save up to $700 on your course fees
- $2,890 upfront payment
Tuition fees include course delivery and assessment, study materials and dedicated student support services. Please note this course does not qualify for assisted government funding.
What You'll Need To Get In
You will need to have completed year 12, or equivalent. Equivalency can be demonstrated by one of the following:
- A qualification at Certificate II level or higher OR
- 2 years of industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication.
You will need to be at least 16 years old. If you are under 18 your enrolment form will need to be signed by a parent or guardian.
You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
In order to complete the on-line part of the course you will need regular access to the following:
- Computer: Laptop or desktop computer with working speakers or headphone points
- Internet: High speed internet such as Broadband or ADSL, T1/T2, fibre optic or cable. (Dial-up access will be significantly slower and is not recommended).
- Windows : Operating system – Windows XP or Vista 7 or above. Internet Browser – Internet Explorer 7 or higher or the latest version of Google Chrome
- MAC : Operating system: OS X 10.4 or later. Internet Browser – latest version of Google Chrome
- Software: Flash, Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word (or Open Office which is free to download)