HLT33115 Certificate III in Health Services Assistance (Assistant in Nursing Work in Acute Care)Get a Free Course Guide
- Awarded byIntegrated Care & Management Training (ICMT) (RTO 90197)
- QualificationCertificate III
- Study ModeOnline
- Course CostUpfront Payment: $2,832 OR Payment Plan: 60 Weekly Instalments of $74.78 (plus $100 deposit)
- DurationSelf-paced; max 18 months
- Payment OptionPayment planUpfront payment
- DurationSelf-paced; max 18 months
- Start DateAnytime – start today!
- Career OutcomesWard Assistant | Patient Care Assistant | Nursing Assistant | View all
Nursing is a challenging yet highly fulfilling career path. So if you want to pursue a career that makes a difference to the lives of others, this online Certificate III in Health Services Assistance (Assistant in Nursing Work in Acute Care) (HLT33115) is the course for you.
Offered online by Open Colleges in partnership with Integrated Care & Management Training, this program equips you with the professional skills and training needed for a career working with a wide range of patients and health professionals. You will learn how to perform patient observations and the correct definitions and applications of medical terminology.
The course qualifies you to seek employment in settings including aged care facilities, hospitals, clinics, private medical practices and home and community care services. Upon successful completion of this course, you will be qualified to work as a nursing assistant, providing support to patients and clients according to their care plan and under the supervision of a health professional.
Gain practical skills
This course includes 120 hours of mandatory practical work experience in Australia with a mentor. You are responsible for the any travel and accommodation costs, and statutory checks or other requirements related to your work placement.
Open Colleges lets you fit your studies around your schedule.
This course meets the Nationally Recognised Training standards. It is listed on the Australian government’s National Register for Vocational Education and Training (VET). Studying this course leads to a qualification that’s recognised throughout Australia, and lets employers know that you have the right skills for the job.
What You'll Learn
In this health course, the subjects you may study include:
- HLTAAP001- Recognise healthy body systems
- BSBMED301- Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- HLTAID003 - Provide first aid*
- HLTWHS001 - Participate in workplace health and safety
- HLTINF001 - Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- HLTMS208D - Handle waste in a health care environment
- CHCCCS002 - Assist with movement
- CHCCCS026 - Transport individuals
- HLTAIN001- Assist with nursing care in an acute care environment
- CHCDIV001- Work with diverse people
- CHCCCS020 - Respond effectively to behaviours of concern
- CHCCCS012 - Prepare and maintain beds
- HLTAIN002 - Provide non-client contact support in an acute care environment
- CHCCOM005 - Communicate and work in health and community services
- BSBWOR301- Organise personal work priorities and development
*Must be completed with an external provider.
Why Study With Open Colleges
Open Colleges is one of the largest private education providers in Australia. It offers a wide variety of courses, from leisure courses to vocational and higher education courses, many of which are government-accredited and employer-recognised. All courses are delivered by correspondence, allowing you to work at your own pace and around your own schedule. Studying with Open Colleges is perfect for people with busy lifestyles, and those wishing to work and learn for themselves.
As a student of Open Colleges, you will have access to a range of student and administrative support options. Your course trainers are available via email, messaging and through your online course forums in OpenSpace. You will also have access to help with study skills such as time management, essay writing and referencing.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a nationally recognised, accredited Certificate III in Health Services Assistance (Assistant in Nursing Work in Acute Care) (HLT33115) from Open Colleges.
With Australia’s ageing population on the rise, the healthcare industry will continue to see demand for well trained and qualified nursing staff.
- Ward Assistant
- Patient Care Assistant
- Nursing Assistant
How Much Will It Cost?
Open Colleges offers two flexible payment models to help make studying more affordable:
Payment Option 1: Pay in weekly instalments
- $74.78 per week (60 weekly repayments)
- $100 deposit
Payment Option 2: Pay in full when you enrol and save up to 20% on your course fees
- $2,832 upfront payment
What You'll Need To Get In
To be eligible for this course you must be at least 16 years of age and meet the following requirements:
- Have completed English to Year 10 level; OR
- Have successfully completed a certificate II qualification or higher; OR
- Have at least 2 years of relevant industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication