- short courses sales and marketing
- visual merchandising short courses melbourne
- marketing short courses online
- short courses visual merchandising
- short courses in sales and marketing
- short courses in marketing auckland
- short marketing course adelaide
- visual merchandising certificate program online
- desktop publishing online short course
- pr event short courses melbourne
Think Marketing is Your Career Calling? Find Out More About the Industry Here:
Marketers are creative people who are responsible for implementing strategies to direct consumers to businesses. This involves determining the kind of strategy required, planning its purpose, tracking its progress, analysing the results and concluding the strategy's strengths and weaknesses.
With a global economy driven by e-commerce, marketing professionals are in major demand right now by small businesses and multinational companies.
Is Marketing Right For You?
You need to be a social butterfly in building connections to make this business fly. If making eye contact or even forming any kind of contact with another human being makes your hair stand on end, marketing most definitely isn't for you.
As well as being confident socially, marketers need to be strong decision makers. You need to be able to work well under pressure and keep a cool head when things get crazy as it does so often in the marketing field. It's a busy fast paced environment with something always needing to be done.
Other important skills to possess in marketing is being able to lead a team whilst being a team player yourself. Being an effective communicator, engaging listener and constant creative thinker will take you far in having a successful career in marketing.
If you're contemplating joining the vivacious world of marketing, here are some figures from the Australian Government Job Outlook Initiative to give you some food for thought:
- Full-time work is common. Full-time workers, on average, work 40.0 hours per week (compared to the all jobs average of 40 hours).
- Average earnings for full-time workers are around $1,346 per week (higher than the all jobs average of $1,230). Earnings tend to be lower when starting out and higher as experience grows.
- This is a very large occupation employing 63,600 workers. The number of workers has grown very strongly over the past 5 years.
- Over the next 5 years (to May 2022) the number of workers is expected to grow strongly to 70,300. Around 43,000 job openings are likely over this time from workers leaving and new jobs being created.
Types of Courses
There are tons of courses in marketing to choose from both offered online or face to face and running Australia wide. Whether you are looking to gain a better understanding of the marketing term and learn the basics in the field, a short course for beginners is a great place to start. Or if you're looking to develop your skills in marketing further a more advanced qualification such as Certificate or Diploma will appeal to you.
Here are a few courses in marketing currently available with a brief overview and description of what they entail:
There are plenty short courses in marketing if you're a beginner or a business professional looking to hone your skills in one specific area of marketing such as digital, traditional or interactive. The list is endless and the time to complete them in varies from weeks to a year.
Certificate IV in Marketing
This certificate is taken over the course of a year. It covers the use of widely developed marketing skills performed in a variety of circumstances.
Certificate IV in Marketing and Communication
This qualification helps you to discover and put into practice well-refined marketing skills in a variety of scenarios. You will incorporate the skills necessary to become successful in a marketing role such as problem-solving, analytical thinking and leadership skills.
A career in marketing is your chance to make a substantial impact on any number of businesses. In such a dynamic vocation, there are many potential job titles to consider. Here are few to give you an insight into the different avenues marketing offers:
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Digital Marketing and Communications Officer
- Digital Marketer
- Content Marketing Manager
- Social Media Officer
- Digital Marketing Assistant
- Digital Marketing Coordinator
- Social Media Coordinator
- Marketing Manager
- Marketing Coordinator
- Marketing Research Assistant
- Advertising Coordinator
- e-Research Analyst
- Data Analyst
- Database Analyst
- Data Scientist
- Database Manager
- Big Data Visualiser
- Database Designer
- Assistant Database Developer
- Assistant Database Specialist
- Database Developer
- Product Manager
- Small Business Owner
- Business Manager
- Small Business Manager
- Operations Manager
- Sales Manager
- Small Business Operator
- view all