Workplace DiversityGet a Free Course Guide
- Awarded byAustralian Institute of Management Education and Training (RTO 0049)
- QualificationShort Course
- Study ModeOnline
- Course Cost$570
- Duration6 months continuous access
- Payment OptionUpfront payment
- Duration6 months continuous access
- Start DateAnytime – start today!
Australian Institute of Management Education and Training is a state-of-the-art online learning management system that offers a community approach to self-directed study and provides students with the opportunity to share their experiences, ideas and questions through features such as live chat forums and integrated social media platforms.
There is an increasing national focus on diversity, and many organizations are following suit. With this Workplace Diversity course, you will understand the importance and impact of diversity and how you can translate this into a meaningful diversity policy for your own organization.
AIM learning designers are experienced managers with a robust mix of academic and practical expertise. We believe the education of the future managers of Australia to be a highly important task.
What You'll Learn
In this Workplace Diversity course, the subjects you may study include:
MODULE 1 - INTRODUCTION TO DISCRIMINATION AND DIVERSITY
- Origins of discrimination
- Social identity
- What is workplace diversity?
- What is adverse action?
- Business case for diversity
- Benefits of a diverse workforce
MODULE 2 - DIVERSITY PRINCIPLES
- Diversity principles
- Gender in diversity
- Age in diversity
- Race in diversity
- Ability in diversity
- Indigenous Australian
MODULE 3 - DIVERSITY POLICIES
- What are policies?
- Developing policies
- Implementing and monitoring policies
- Diversity training, coaching and support
- Reviewing and evaluating policy
Why Study With Australian Institute of Management Education and Training
AIM provides students with practical qualifications that certify their skills and advances their careers. Each qualification is delivered through a blend of practical exercises and evaluative tools, and with no exams to study for; students can focus on completing assessments that have real world application. With the choice to study online or on campus, studying with AIM means you can maintain your work-life balance while building your future career.
Australian Institute of Management Education and Training Pty Limited (ABN 40 009 668 553); RTO code 0049 (AIMET); level 21, 580 George St, Sydney, NSW, 2000, an approved FEE-HELP and VET FEE-HELP provider. AIMET is a registered Higher Education Provider listed on the national register, Provider ID: PRV12071. AIMET uses the brand name AIM with permission from the Australian Institute of Management (ABN 56 004 525 017).
AIM (RTO 0049) prides itself on delivering holistic, comprehensive qualifications, that helps you fast-track your career whilst gaining official certification of your skills. Whether you prefer online learning or face-to-face classes, AIM offers both options.
The online virtual campus, MyAIM allows students to work through the online modules at their own pace, connect with other students and receive online learning support from AIM’s Student Support and Coaching Services teams.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this Workplace Diversity course from Australian Institute of Management Education and Training you will be able to:
- Encourage staff to see that working effectively with difference is a strength that can improve your organization’s products, services and customer relations.
- Capture ideas and information from the diversity within your workforce to enhance products and services while contributing to competitive advantage.
- Draft a diversity policy and develop action plans before consulting key stakeholders for feedback and revising the policy for implementation.
- Monitor business activities, team plans and staff performance to ensure the diversity policy is effectively implemented.
How Much Will It Cost?
We require full payment to be made upfront prior to accessing the online short course. Payment can only be made via Credit Card (Visa/MasterCard/Amex).
What You'll Need To Get In
If you’re a manager with responsibility for developing and implementing a diversity policy within your organization, this Workplace Diversity course is essential for your career.