Workforce RelationsGet a Free Course Guide
- Awarded byAustralian Institute of Management Education and Training (RTO 0049)
- QualificationShort Course
- Study ModeOnline
- Course Cost$1,075
- Duration6 months continuous access
- Payment OptionUpfront payment
- Duration6 months continuous access
- Start DateAnytime – start today!
Australian Institute of Management Education and Training is a state-of-the-art online learning management system that offers a community approach to self-directed study and provides students with the opportunity to share their experiences, ideas and questions through features such as live chat forums and integrated social media platforms.
By combining the legal context with the human face of people leadership, you will learn to develop robust and meaningful workplace policies and confidently manage challenging workforce relations.
AIM learning designers are experienced managers with a robust mix of academic and practical expertise. We believe the education of the future managers of Australia to be a highly important task. Who is better placed to develop relevant learning on the art and science of management than those with current, daily real-world experience?
What You'll Learn
In this Workforce Relations course, the subjects you may study include:
MODULE 1 - DEFINING WORKFORCE RELATIONS
- Workplace relations framework
- The Fair Work Act 2009 (FWA)
- National Employment Standards (NES)
- Trusted Advisor
MODULE 2 - EMPLOYMENT CONTRACTS
- Employment contracts
- Enterprise agreements
- Industrial organizations
MODULE 3 - EMPLOYEE AND EMPLOYER OBLIGATIONS
- Employer obligations
- Employee obligations
- Unlawful workplace discrimination
- Other forms of unacceptable behavior
- WHS and duty of care
- Allowing time off
MODULE 4 - WORKFORCE RELATIONS STRATEGY
- Human resource strategies
- The employee lifecycle
- Workplace policies/practices
- Performance management systems
- Open and honest communication
- Employee engagement
- Workplace flexibility
- Culture and behavior
- Diversity and inclusiveness
- Employee assistance and wellness programs
MODULE 5 - DEVELOPING CONFLICT RESILIENT WORKPLACES
- Understanding conflict
- Features of conflict resilient workplaces
- Workplace grievances
- Mediation and conflict resolution
MODULE 6 - ENDING EMPLOYMENT
- Types of employment separation
- Unfair dismissal
- Unlawful termination
Why Study With Australian Institute of Management Education and Training
AIM provides students with practical qualifications that certify their skills and advances their careers. Each qualification is delivered through a blend of practical exercises and evaluative tools, and with no exams to study for; students can focus on completing assessments that have real world application. With the choice to study online or on campus, studying with AIM means you can maintain your work-life balance while building your future career.
Australian Institute of Management Education and Training Pty Limited (ABN 40 009 668 553); RTO code 0049 (AIMET); level 21, 580 George St, Sydney, NSW, 2000, an approved FEE-HELP and VET FEE-HELP provider. AIMET is a registered Higher Education Provider listed on the national register, Provider ID: PRV12071. AIMET uses the brand name AIM with permission from the Australian Institute of Management (ABN 56 004 525 017).
AIM (RTO 0049) prides itself on delivering holistic, comprehensive qualifications, that helps you fast-track your career whilst gaining official certification of your skills. Whether you prefer online learning or face-to-face classes, AIM offers both options.
The online virtual campus, MyAIM allows students to work through the online modules at their own pace, connect with other students and receive online learning support from AIM’s Student Support and Coaching Services teams.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this Workforce Relations course from Australian Institute of Management Education and Training you will be able to:
- Manage employee and industrial relations matters in an organization by developing appropriate policies and managing conflict resolution negotiations.
- Communicate and implement industrial relations policies and procedures to effectively represent your organization and employers.
- Develop, implement and review guidelines and procedures for mediation within an organization and conduct separate interviews with parties in disputes in order to clarify issues.
- Deal with redeployment, resignation, retirement, dismissal and redundancy, including the conduct of exit interviews.
How Much Will It Cost?
We require full payment to be made upfront prior to accessing the online short course. Payment can only be made via Credit Card (Visa/MasterCard/Amex).
What You'll Need To Get In
If you’re an HR professional or people manager looking to learn more about effective management of workforce relations, this Workforce Relations course is essential for your career.