Leading with Strategic IntelligenceGet a Free Course Guide
- Awarded byAustralian Institute of Management Education and Training (RTO 0049)
- QualificationShort Course
- Study ModeOn Campus
- Course Cost$4,100
- Duration3 Days Residential
- Payment OptionPayment planUpfront payment
- Duration3 Days Residential
- Start DateEnquire now for upcoming start dates.
- LocationNSW | QLD | SA | VIC | ACT
The ability to think strategically is a key part of being successful at the executive level in the public sector. In his book ‘Emotional Intelligence’ Daniel Goleman wrote about of Emotional Intelligence (EI) and argued that traditional views of human intelligence based on IQ are far too narrow and that our emotions play a far greater role in thought, decisionmaking and individual success than is commonly acknowledged.
In this Leading With Strategic Intelligence program by Australian Institute of Management Education and Training we similarly develop the concept of Strategic Intelligence (SI) and argue that strategic thinking and behavior also play a far greater role in our individual success and effectiveness, whether at home or in the workplace, than is commonly acknowledged.
This program can be delivered in a standard format or tailored for in-house delivery to meet particular organizational circumstances. We recommend the program be delivered away from the workplace where possible, to ensure participants are able to focus on the program content and professional development.
What You'll Learn
In this Leading With Strategic Intelligence course, the subjects you may study include:
- Defining strategy and strategic thinking.
- Understanding the current strategic operating environment
- Overview of strategic thinking tools such as systems thinking, analogical thinking, inquiry, dialogue, framing and reflection.
- Demonstrating nous, commonsense and political awareness.
- How to effectively use traditional strategic planning tools, such as scenario planning, SWOT analysis, etc.
- Raising self-awareness of our own strategic intelligence using the 360˚ Strategic Intelligence Profile (SIP).
- Case studies of strategic and unstrategic behavior in the work environment vs our personal lives.
- Mobility and career strategies to help develop strategic capabilities.
Why Study With Australian Institute of Management Education and Training
AIM provides students with practical qualifications that certify their skills and advances their careers. Each qualification is delivered through a blend of practical exercises and evaluative tools, and with no exams to study for; students can focus on completing assessments that have real world application. With the choice to study online or on campus, studying with AIM means you can maintain your work-life balance while building your future career.
Australian Institute of Management Education and Training Pty Limited (ABN 40 009 668 553); RTO code 0049 (AIMET); level 21, 580 George St, Sydney, NSW, 2000, an approved FEE-HELP and VET FEE-HELP provider. AIMET is a registered Higher Education Provider listed on the national register, Provider ID: PRV12071. AIMET uses the brand name AIM with permission from the Australian Institute of Management (ABN 56 004 525 017).
AIM (RTO 0049) prides itself on delivering holistic, comprehensive qualifications, that helps you fast-track your career whilst gaining official certification of your skills. Whether you prefer online learning or face-to-face classes, AIM offers both options.
The online virtual campus, MyAIM allows students to work through the online modules at their own pace, connect with other students and receive online learning support from AIM’s Student Support and Coaching Services teams.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this Leading With Strategic Intelligence course from Australian Institute of Management Education and Training you'll be able to:
- Understand the current strategic operating environment
- Define strategy and strategic thinking
- Raise self-awareness of our own strategic intelligence using the 360˚ Strategic Intelligence Profile (SIP).
- Demonstrate nous, commonsense and political awareness.
How Much Will It Cost?
We require full payment to be made upfront prior to attending the training. Payment options we offer include:
- Credit Card (Visa/MasterCard/Amex)
- Direct Deposit (EFT)
- Purchase Order - If you need to raise an internal purchase order please advise. Your space on the course is not secured until you have provided us with an official Purchase Order with all relevant details completed.
- Zip Money - If you would like to spread the cost of your training out our finance partner Zip Money can offer you a line of credit with 6 months interest-free and flexible weekly, fortnightly or monthly payment options.
What You'll Need To Get In
This Leading With Strategic Intelligence program is designed for public sector managers wishing both to strengthen their strategic thinking abilities and to develop more strategic behaviors in the workplace.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: