Leading ChangeGet a Free Course Guide
Successfully bringing about significant changes in direction or strategy involves more than just changing policies and procedures, it requires changes in paradigms about the role of government, organizational culture and attitudes and behaviours throughout the organization. This is a leadership task, not just a logistical one and is at the heart of the implementation challenge.
This Leading Change course by Australian Institute of Management Education and Training will cover a range of skills, from choosing the most appropriate type and style of change, leading consultative processes that build commitment and manage expectations, planning implementation to bring about behavior change, announcing change in a way that builds support and dealing with resistance in individuals and groups. It will also cover the challenges of leading non-stop change and tips on how to change organizational culture.
This program can be delivered in a standard format or tailored for in-house delivery to meet particular organizational circumstances. We recommend the program be delivered away from the workplace where possible, to ensure participants are able to focus on the program content and professional development.
What You'll Learn
In this Leading Change course, the subjects you may study include:
- Deciding what style of change to introduce – top down directive or consultative approaches.
- Choosing an appropriate method of communicating about change, including how to announce change to staff and other managers.
- How to implement other people’s changes successfully and still be loyal to staff and your managers.
- How to plan change.
- Conducting effective consultative meetings – how to open the ‘can of worms’ and still get positive results.
- Resistance to change – what to watch for and how to work with resistant individuals.
Why Study With Australian Institute of Management Education and Training
AIM provides students with practical qualifications that certify their skills and advances their careers. Each qualification is delivered through a blend of practical exercises and evaluative tools, and with no exams to study for; students can focus on completing assessments that have real world application. With the choice to study online or on campus, studying with AIM means you can maintain your work-life balance while building your future career.
Australian Institute of Management Education and Training Pty Limited (ABN 40 009 668 553); RTO code 0049 (AIMET); level 21, 580 George St, Sydney, NSW, 2000, an approved FEE-HELP and VET FEE-HELP provider. AIMET is a registered Higher Education Provider listed on the national register, Provider ID: PRV12071. AIMET uses the brand name AIM with permission from the Australian Institute of Management (ABN 56 004 525 017).
AIM (RTO 0049) prides itself on delivering holistic, comprehensive qualifications, that helps you fast-track your career whilst gaining official certification of your skills. Whether you prefer online learning or face-to-face classes, AIM offers both options.
The online virtual campus, MyAIM allows students to work through the online modules at their own pace, connect with other students and receive online learning support from AIM’s Student Support and Coaching Services teams.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this Leading Change course from Australian Institute of Management Education and Training you'll be able to:
- Conduct effective consultative meetings
- To plan change
- Choose an appropriate method of communicating about change
- Decide what style of change to introduce
How Much Will It Cost?
We require full payment to be made upfront prior to attending the training. Payment options we offer include:
- Credit Card (Visa/MasterCard/Amex)
- Direct Deposit (EFT)
- Purchase Order - If you need to raise an internal purchase order please advise. Your space on the course is not secured until you have provided us with an official Purchase Order with all relevant details completed.
- Zip Money - If you would like to spread the cost of your training out our finance partner Zip Money can offer you a line of credit with 6 months interest-free and flexible weekly, fortnightly or monthly payment options.
What You'll Need To Get In
This Leading Change program is aimed at managers and leaders in the public sector wanting to develop their skills in bringing about changes in attitudes, behavior and work practices.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: