Instructional Design and DevelopmentGet a Free Course Guide
- Awarded byAustralian Institute of Management Education and Training (RTO 0049)
- QualificationShort Course
- Study ModeOn Campus
- Course Cost$2,175
- Duration3 Days
- Payment OptionPayment planUpfront payment
- Duration3 Days
- Start DateEnquire now for upcoming start dates.
- LocationNSW | QLD | SA | VIC | ACT
Discover how to identify and address the needs of learners, develop learning and assessment strategies and design, develop, review and trial resources to support those strategies – all as part of an organizational commitment to continuous improvement. This Instructional Design and Development course includes comprehensive course notes, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea and internet access.
The benefits of studying in a classroom setting include being able to share first-hand experiences, ideas and questions with peers and our expert facilitators. You’ll study alongside like-minded people and strengthen your network.
Australian Institute of Management Education and Training facilitators are experienced practitioners with a robust mix of academic and practical expertise. We believe the education of the future managers of Australia to be a highly important task. Who is better placed to teach the art and science of management than those with current, daily real-world experience?
What You'll Learn
In this Instructional Design and Development course, the subjects you may study include:
- Training design and types of training
- Vocational Education and Training
- Scope the design and develop the learning strategy
- Develop a framework for the learning strategy
- Determine the broad structure of the training program
- Determine the content of the learning program
- Sequencing the content
- Determine the delivery and assessment strategy
- Develop a draft of the learning strategy
- Review the learning strategy prior to implementation
- Plan the work through writing a development plan
- Research resource requirements and options
- Design training resources
- Design training content
- Things to consider when designing learning resources
- Major activity: Design training resources - content
- Major activity: Design training resources - activities
- Review the learning strategy, development process and learning and assessment resources
- Principles of assessment
- Rules of evidence
- Determine the focus of the assessment tools
- Purpose, audience and special consideration
- Context and conditions of assessment
- Reasonable adjustment
- Identify assessment tasks
- Methods, tools and instruments
- Tools versus instruments
- Design and develop assessment instruments
- Major activity: Design and develop assessment tools
- Major activity: Map assessment tools
- Trial and review assessment tools
- Maintaining assessment records
Why Study With Australian Institute of Management Education and Training
AIM provides students with practical qualifications that certify their skills and advances their careers. Each qualification is delivered through a blend of practical exercises and evaluative tools, and with no exams to study for; students can focus on completing assessments that have real world application. With the choice to study online or on campus, studying with AIM means you can maintain your work-life balance while building your future career.
Australian Institute of Management Education and Training Pty Limited (ABN 40 009 668 553); RTO code 0049 (AIMET); level 21, 580 George St, Sydney, NSW, 2000, an approved FEE-HELP and VET FEE-HELP provider. AIMET is a registered Higher Education Provider listed on the national register, Provider ID: PRV12071. AIMET uses the brand name AIM with permission from the Australian Institute of Management (ABN 56 004 525 017).
AIM (RTO 0049) prides itself on delivering holistic, comprehensive qualifications, that helps you fast-track your career whilst gaining official certification of your skills. Whether you prefer online learning or face-to-face classes, AIM offers both options.
The online virtual campus, MyAIM allows students to work through the online modules at their own pace, connect with other students and receive online learning support from AIM’s Student Support and Coaching Services teams.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this Instructional Design and Development course from Australian Institute of Management Education and Training you'll be able to:
- Determine learning strategy parameters by identifying learning needs and documenting appropriate delivery methods, keeping the learning context in mind.
- Design learning resources, plan content development and evaluate the design process to identify improvements for future projects.
- Develop assessment tools to guide the collection of quality evidence, including their application in Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) assessment.
- Review the learning strategy and make modifications as part of a continuous improvement strategy.
How Much Will It Cost?
We require full payment to be made upfront prior to attending the training. Payment options we offer include:
- Credit Card (Visa/MasterCard/Amex)
- Direct Deposit (EFT)
- Purchase Order - If you need to raise an internal purchase order please advise. Your space on the course is not secured until you have provided us with an official Purchase Order with all relevant details completed.
- Zip Money - If you would like to spread the cost of your training out our finance partner Zip Money can offer you a line of credit with 6 months interest-free and flexible weekly, fortnightly or monthly payment options.
What You'll Need To Get In
This Instructional Design and Development course is specifically designed for instructional designers, facilitators, training consultants and managers involved in designing and developing learning solutions.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: