Influencing Skills In LeadershipGet a Free Course Guide
Typically we spend a large part of every day influencing one-to-one exchanges with managers, staff and peers. Sometimes the need to influence becomes more explicit when managers are required to present their agency’s policy and programs to less than enthusiastic, skeptical and sometimes aggressive audiences.
Influencing depends on having effective communication skills and the ability to think on your feet, but successful influencing also requires a strategic approach. This involves understanding whose support you need in order to progress the ideas you want to pursue, and knowing how to build and maintain that support over the longer term.
This Influencing Skills In Leadership program by Australian Institute of Management Education and Training can be delivered in a standard format or tailored for in-house delivery to meet particular organizational circumstances. We recommend the program be delivered away from the workplace where possible, to ensure participants are able to focus on the program content and professional development.
What You'll Learn
In this Influencing Skills In Leadership course, the subjects you may study include:
- Types of influencing – verbal persuasion and behavioral approaches; using and developing your power ethically; giving persuasive presentations of all types; influencing tactics and how to combine them into basic styles.
- Tactics for dealing with opposing views and those who are undecided.
- Generating enthusiasm through your communication style.
- Announcing changes and understanding the impact that emotional reactions have on people’s ability to see the benefits of a change and how to work with people who are most resistant to change.
- The individual verbal and non-verbal communication patterns and processes that work together to make a message compelling.
Why Study With Australian Institute of Management Education and Training
AIM provides students with practical qualifications that certify their skills and advances their careers. Each qualification is delivered through a blend of practical exercises and evaluative tools, and with no exams to study for; students can focus on completing assessments that have real world application. With the choice to study online or on campus, studying with AIM means you can maintain your work-life balance while building your future career.
Australian Institute of Management Education and Training Pty Limited (ABN 40 009 668 553); RTO code 0049 (AIMET); level 21, 580 George St, Sydney, NSW, 2000, an approved FEE-HELP and VET FEE-HELP provider. AIMET is a registered Higher Education Provider listed on the national register, Provider ID: PRV12071. AIMET uses the brand name AIM with permission from the Australian Institute of Management (ABN 56 004 525 017).
AIM (RTO 0049) prides itself on delivering holistic, comprehensive qualifications, that helps you fast-track your career whilst gaining official certification of your skills. Whether you prefer online learning or face-to-face classes, AIM offers both options.
The online virtual campus, MyAIM allows students to work through the online modules at their own pace, connect with other students and receive online learning support from AIM’s Student Support and Coaching Services teams.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this Influencing Skills In Leadership course from Australian Institute of Management Education and Training you'll be able to:
- Use and develop power ethically
- Generate enthusiasm through your communication cycle
- Announce changes and understand the impact that emotional reaction have on people
How Much Will It Cost?
We require full payment to be made upfront prior to attending the training. Payment options we offer include:
- Credit Card (Visa/MasterCard/Amex)
- Direct Deposit (EFT)
- Purchase Order - If you need to raise an internal purchase order please advise. Your space on the course is not secured until you have provided us with an official Purchase Order with all relevant details completed.
- Zip Money - If you would like to spread the cost of your training out our finance partner Zip Money can offer you a line of credit with 6 months interest-free and flexible weekly, fortnightly or monthly payment options.
What You'll Need To Get In
ThisInfluencing Skills in Leadership program is aimed at team leaders and middle managers and looks at skills for influencing from a range of perspectives – how to make quick and persuasive pitches to your manager, making persuasive presentations to groups and planning more strategic approaches.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: