Strategic LeadershipGet a Free Course Guide
- Awarded byAustralian Institute of Management Education and Training (RTO 0049)
- QualificationShort Course
- Study ModeOnline
- Course Cost$1,570
- Duration6 months continuous access
- Payment OptionUpfront payment
- Duration6 months continuous access
- Start DateAnytime – start today!
Australian Institute of Management Education and Training is a state-of-the-art online learning management system that offers a community approach to self-directed study and provides students with the opportunity to share their experiences, ideas and questions through features such as live chat forums and integrated social media platforms.
From ‘the vision’ to executing the business plan, you’ll learn how to create realistic yet ambitious plans that support the growth and financial sustainability of your organization with this Strategic Leadership course.
AIM learning designers are experienced managers with a robust mix of academic and practical expertise. We believe the education of the future managers of Australia to be a highly important task. Who is better placed to develop relevant learning on the art and science of management than those with current, daily real-world experience?
What You'll Learn
In this Strategic Leadership course, the subjects you may study include:
MODULE 1 - INTRODUCTION TO STRATEGIC LEADERSHIP
- Definitions, levels and characteristics of strategy
- Barriers to strategy implementation
- Strategic awareness
- Environmental analysis
MODULE 2 - SETTING & SUSTAINING STRATEGIC DIRECTION
- Creating sustainable organisations
- Corporate governance and accountability
- Setting strategic direction
- Aligning on organizational vision, values and strategy
MODULE 3 - STRATEGIC DECISION MAKING
- A process for decision making
- Good and bad decisions
- Decision making quality
- Scenario thinking as a decision-making tool
- The value of strategic leadership
MODULE 4 - STRATEGIC AND BUSINESS PLANNING
- Types of strategic and business planning
- Setting strategic objectives
- Developing key success factors
MODULE 5 - DEVELOPING STRATEGIC BUSINESS PLANS
- How to complete a strategic plan
- Overview of business plans
- How to complete a business plan
MODULE 6 - INTRODUCTION TO FINANCE
- Financial literacy
- Your financial impact
- Language of finance
- Accrual versus cash accounting
- The financial management cycle
- Key financial statements
MODULE 7 - REVIEWING FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE
- Statement of financial position
- Statement of profit and loss and other comprehensive income
- Statement of changes in equity
- Statement of cash flows
- Impact of transactions on financial statements
MODULE 8 - ANALYSING FINANCIAL STATEMENTS
- Liquidity ratios
- Profitability ratios
- Activity/effectiveness ratios
- Financial structure ratios
MODULE 9 - UNDERSTANDING REVENUE AND COST
- Revenue and cost behavior
- Contribution margin
- Break-even analysis
- Cost accounting
MODULE 10 - ESTABLISHING BUDGETS
- Capital expenditure budget
- Present and net present value
- Profit and loss budget
- Cash flow budget
- Financing options
MODULE 11 - MONITORING AND REVIEWING FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE
- Monitoring the budget
- Cash flow management
- Using budgets to monitor performance
- Analysing variances
- Internal controls
- Review financial performance
- Australian tax requirements
- Continuous improvement
Why Study With Australian Institute of Management Education and Training
AIM provides students with practical qualifications that certify their skills and advances their careers. Each qualification is delivered through a blend of practical exercises and evaluative tools, and with no exams to study for; students can focus on completing assessments that have real world application. With the choice to study online or on campus, studying with AIM means you can maintain your work-life balance while building your future career.
Australian Institute of Management Education and Training Pty Limited (ABN 40 009 668 553); RTO code 0049 (AIMET); level 21, 580 George St, Sydney, NSW, 2000, an approved FEE-HELP and VET FEE-HELP provider. AIMET is a registered Higher Education Provider listed on the national register, Provider ID: PRV12071. AIMET uses the brand name AIM with permission from the Australian Institute of Management (ABN 56 004 525 017).
AIM (RTO 0049) prides itself on delivering holistic, comprehensive qualifications, that helps you fast-track your career whilst gaining official certification of your skills. Whether you prefer online learning or face-to-face classes, AIM offers both options.
The online virtual campus, MyAIM allows students to work through the online modules at their own pace, connect with other students and receive online learning support from AIM’s Student Support and Coaching Services teams.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this Strategic Leadership course from Australian Institute of Management Education and Training you will be able to:
- Undertake budgeting, forecasting and reporting to effectively manage financial performance.
- Establish the direction of your organization, and implement strategies for sustaining competitive advantage and ensuring future viability.
- Analyse and assess your organisation and competitors to develop strategic actions, initiatives and plans.
How Much Will It Cost?
We require full payment to be made upfront prior to accessing the online short course. Payment can only be made via Credit Card (Visa/MasterCard/Amex).
What You'll Need To Get In
If you’re in a senior management role and you’d like to better influence the strategic direction of your business, this Strategic Leadership course is ideal for you.