Risk ManagementGet a Free Course Guide
- Awarded byAustralian Institute of Management Education and Training (RTO 0049)
- QualificationShort Course
- Study ModeOnline
- Course Cost$1,075
- Duration6 months continuous access
- Payment OptionUpfront payment
- Duration6 months continuous access
- Start DateAnytime – start today!
All business decisions involve some level of uncertainty or risk. Australian Institute of Management Education and Training is a state-of-the-art online learning management system that offers a community approach to self-directed study and provides students with the opportunity to share their experiences, ideas and questions through features such as live chat forums and integrated social media platforms.
Become competent in identifying and managing risk while applying risk management processes and coordinating a risk management strategy.
AIM learning designers are experienced managers with a robust mix of academic and practical expertise. We believe the education of the future managers of Australia to be a highly important task. Who is better placed to develop relevant learning on the art and science of management than those with current, daily real-world experience?
What You'll Learn
In this Risk Management course, the subjects you may study include:
MODULE 1 - INTRODUCTION TO RISK MANAGEMENT
- Enterprise risk management
- Benefits and challenges of managing risk for managers
- Risk management application areas
MODULE 2 - RISK MANAGEMENT FRAMEWORKS
- The Risk Management Standard ISO 31000
- Risk management principles
- Risk management framework
- Risk management process
MODULE 3 - RISK MANAGEMENT CONSULTATION AND COMMUNICATION
- Communication and consultation
- Stakeholder identification
- Stakeholder analysis
- Developing a communication plan
MODULE 4 - CONTEXT IN RISK MANAGEMENT
- The risk management process
- Internal and external environments
- SWOT analysis
- Defining the scope of your risk management activities
- Context of the risk management process
- Developing risk criteria
MODULE 5 - RISK ASSESSMENT
- Risk assessment
- Risk identification
- Risk analysis
- Risk evaluation
- Assessing the effectiveness of controls
- Documenting the risk assessment process
MODULE 6 - IMPLEMENTING RISK MANAGEMENT
- Risk treatment
- Contingency planning
- Design and implement recovery plans
- Recovery analysis
- Risk monitoring and review
- Documenting adjustments to risk management
Why Study With Australian Institute of Management Education and Training
AIM provides students with practical qualifications that certify their skills and advances their careers. Each qualification is delivered through a blend of practical exercises and evaluative tools, and with no exams to study for; students can focus on completing assessments that have real world application. With the choice to study online or on campus, studying with AIM means you can maintain your work-life balance while building your future career.
Australian Institute of Management Education and Training Pty Limited (ABN 40 009 668 553); RTO code 0049 (AIMET); level 21, 580 George St, Sydney, NSW, 2000, an approved FEE-HELP and VET FEE-HELP provider. AIMET is a registered Higher Education Provider listed on the national register, Provider ID: PRV12071. AIMET uses the brand name AIM with permission from the Australian Institute of Management (ABN 56 004 525 017).
AIM (RTO 0049) prides itself on delivering holistic, comprehensive qualifications, that helps you fast-track your career whilst gaining official certification of your skills. Whether you prefer online learning or face-to-face classes, AIM offers both options.
The online virtual campus, MyAIM allows students to work through the online modules at their own pace, connect with other students and receive online learning support from AIM’s Student Support and Coaching Services teams.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this Risk Management course from Australian Institute of Management Education and Training, you will be better equipped to:
- Identify risks and apply established risk management processes in line with the responsibilities and obligations of your role.
- Review and improve organizational processes, procedures and requirements for undertaking risk management.
- Consult stakeholders in the identification of risks while using tools and techniques to assess them.
- Coordinate risk management and support staff to manage risk and facilitate risk recovery.
How Much Will It Cost?
We require full payment to be made upfront prior to accessing the online short course. Payment can only be made via Credit Card (Visa/MasterCard/Amex).
What You'll Need To Get In
This is an essential course for any managers or professionals who are responsible for or involved in managing risk within their organization.