Design ThinkingGet a Free Course Guide
- Awarded byAustralian Institute of Management Education and Training (RTO 0049)
- QualificationShort Course
- Study ModeOn Campus
- Course Cost$895
- Duration1 Day
- Payment OptionPayment planUpfront payment
- Duration1 Day
- Start DateEnquire now for upcoming start dates.
- LocationNSW | QLD | SA | VIC | ACT
This Design Thinking program brings together these two worldviews to put the focus on your audiences, end users
and customers. By putting human beings at the centre of your innovation efforts, you’ll learn how to turn prototypes into high-value solutions at a much faster rate.
The benefits of studying in a classroom setting include being able to share first-hand experiences, ideas and questions with peers and our expert facilitators. You’ll study alongside like-minded people and strengthen your network.
Australian Institute of Management Education and Training facilitators are experienced practitioners with a robust mix of academic and practical expertise. We believe the education of the future managers of Australia to be a highly important task. Who is better placed to teach the art and science of management than those with current, daily real-world experience?
What You'll Learn
In this Design Thinking course, the subjects you may study include:
- Introduction to design thinking
- Business problems
- Business thinking
- Case studies and best practices
- Consumer insights
- Creativity and innovation
- Develop a problem statement
- Fast-cycle innovation
- Generating ideas
- Human-centred design
- Leveraging trends and opportunities
- Low-fidelity prototyping, testing and launching
Why Study With Australian Institute of Management Education and Training
AIM provides students with practical qualifications that certify their skills and advances their careers. Each qualification is delivered through a blend of practical exercises and evaluative tools, and with no exams to study for; students can focus on completing assessments that have real world application. With the choice to study online or on campus, studying with AIM means you can maintain your work-life balance while building your future career.
Australian Institute of Management Education and Training Pty Limited (ABN 40 009 668 553); RTO code 0049 (AIMET); level 21, 580 George St, Sydney, NSW, 2000, an approved FEE-HELP and VET FEE-HELP provider. AIMET is a registered Higher Education Provider listed on the national register, Provider ID: PRV12071. AIMET uses the brand name AIM with permission from the Australian Institute of Management (ABN 56 004 525 017).
AIM (RTO 0049) prides itself on delivering holistic, comprehensive qualifications, that helps you fast-track your career whilst gaining official certification of your skills. Whether you prefer online learning or face-to-face classes, AIM offers both options.
The online virtual campus, MyAIM allows students to work through the online modules at their own pace, connect with other students and receive online learning support from AIM’s Student Support and Coaching Services teams.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this Design Thinking course from Australian Institute of Management Education and Training you will be able to:
- Recognise the historical, societal and technological shifts leading to Design Thinking.
- Empathise with the end user and their needs to extract consumer insights and articulate problem statements.
- Brainstorm potential solutions by tapping into the diversity of expertise, personality, opinions and experiences of the core team.
- Select and move the best ideas to low-fidelity prototypes to engage smaller audiences faster.
- Refine and clarify thinking by observing, testing, questioning and listening.
- Engage and collaborate with others departments to change the culture and speed up innovation.
How Much Will It Cost?
We require full payment to be made upfront prior to attending the training. Payment options we offer include:
- Credit Card (Visa/MasterCard/Amex)
- Direct Deposit (EFT)
- Purchase Order - If you need to raise an internal purchase order please advise. Your space on the course is not secured until you have provided us with an official Purchase Order with all relevant details completed.
- Zip Money - If you would like to spread the cost of your training out our finance partner Zip Money can offer you a line of credit with 6 months interest-free and flexible weekly, fortnightly or monthly payment options.
What You'll Need To Get In
If your role involves analyzing your enterprise’s problems and opportunities in order to develop high-value solutions, this program will enable you to create innovative ideas and prototypes for powering success and driving your business strategy. Design Thinking allows you to develop the practical and creative sensibilities used by designers to understand the wants and needs of end users. It will enable you to fast-track innovation to generate higher value by identifying the range of problems to solve and brainstorming prototypes of solutions to test.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: