- leadership short courses
- leadership short courses online
- how to manage a business effectively
- contract management courses
- courses on emotional intelligence
- customer service courses
- how to become a supervisor
- courses on managing performance effectively
- how to build team performance
- leadership skills short courses online
Stay Ahead of the Pack and Find Out Where a Career In Leadership Could Lead You:
Leadership is the role of taking charge of a large or small group or guiding individuals with a common purpose. This may include setting direction with a group of travellers or building inspiration and vision within a sports team or developing a company's strategy and encouraging motivation in a corporate environment.
The cry for leadership skills across the globe is immense as is the variety of directions you can take after learning these profitable techniques.
Is Leadership Right For You?
It's an inescapable fact that you are going to be in charge daily in a leadership role as this is what makes up the job. So, if being the centre of attention makes you cringe inside, perhaps another career path would be better suited.
Possessing great communication and presentation skills in leading your team are mandatory in a leadership environment. As well as being a great innovative speaker amongst your peers, you must be able to think critically and strategically when leading your team or individuals to reach your company's goals.
Other important skills leaders should possess are self-management, patience, flexibility, curiosity, open-mindedness, creativity and being able to delegate effectively as well as listening empathetically. Having the skill set to guide people in the right direction in a smooth efficient manner will help you go a long way in having an accomplished career as a leader.
If you're contemplating a move into a leadership role, here are a few facts to consider:
- The current salary for a National Sales Manager in Australia is AU$113,130
- Average earnings for full-time Chief Executives and Managing Directors are around $2,572 per week (very high compared to the all jobs average of $1,230). Earnings tend to be lower when starting out and higher as experience grows.
- Chief Executives and Managing Directors work in most parts of Australia.
- Over the next 5 years (to May 2022) the number of workers is expected to stay about the same at 54,300. Around 22,000 job openings are likely over this time from workers leaving and new jobs being created.
Types of Courses
The options for short courses in leadership and management are endless. They run Australia wide and vary in length. Regardless if you are looking to brush up on your leadership qualities or wanting to operate in a whole new industry, short courses in leadership are a bold choice with a huge variety being offered in several specialised areas.
Here is a brief outlook at some of the courses on offer:
Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
This course runs for 1 year and provides you with the opportunity to develop your skills as an emerging leader or manager working in a variety of industries and establishments. You will sharpen your knowledge and take charge of organising and supervising in a team environment.
Certificate IV in Leadership and Mentoring
This qualification focuses on people with existing leadership skills looking to harness their knowledge and use it to mentor individuals. It provides you with the exploration in managing your own professional development, analysing the fundamentals of leadership, mentoring others and teaching how to write complex business documents.
A career in leadership could see you leading the masses to victory or really changing the face of our world by your sharing your visions and showcasing your dreams. Here are some potential job titles to get you started:
- Project Manager
- Construction Manager
- Site Supervisor
- Lead Foreman
- Project Supervisor
- Team Leader
- Business Manager
- Office Manager
- General Manager
- Project Team Leader