VMWare Horizon 7: Install, Configure, Manage [V7]
This five-day VMWare Horizon 7: Install, Configure, Manage [V7] hands-on course by New Horizons Australia Institute of Technology gives you the skills to deliver virtual desktops and applications through a single virtual desktop infrastructure platform. This course builds your skills in installing, configuring, and managing VMware Horizon® 7 through a combination of lecture and hands-on labs. You will learn how to configure and deploy pools of virtual machines, how to manage access and security of the machines, and how to provide a customized desktop environment to end users.
What You'll Learn
In this VMWare Horizon 7: Install, Configure, Manage [V7] course, the subjects you may study include:
· Module 1: Course introduction
· Module 2: Introduction to VMware horizon
· Module 3: View connection server
· Module 4: VMware horizon pools and desktops
· Module 5: Horizon client options
· Module 6: Creating automated pools of full virtual machines
· Module 7: Creating and managing linked-clone desktops
· Module 8: Creating and managing instant-clone pools
· Module 9: Creating RDS desktop and application pools
· Module 10: VMware horizon 7 authentication
· Module 11: Managing VMware horizon security
· Module 12: Profile management using user environment manager
· Module 13: Using app volumes to provision and manage applications
· Module 14: Command-line tools and backup options
· Module 15: VMware horizon performance and scalability
Why Study With New Horizons Australia Institute of Technology
With experience in delivering technology training that spans over 35 years, you can trust New Horizons Australia Institute of Technology to boost your skills in a range of areas including information technology, leadership, graphic design and more.
Their short courses are led by an expert team of trainers who have over 10 years of industry and teaching experience, and are all passionate and dedicated to getting you on the right path to success. Ranging from four hours to five days, New Horizons has short courses that’ll fill your knowledge gaps and lift your credentials in no time.
With a commitment to helping you achieve your educational goals, New Horizons Australia Institute of Technology is all about putting you on the right path to success. Turn to their experienced team and teachers to help equip you with the right skills and knowledge that’ll set you apart from the rest.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this VMWare Horizon 7: Install, Configure, Manage [V7] course from New Horizons, students will be able to:
- Identify VMware Horizon components
- Install and configure View Connection Server
- Install and configure virtual desktops
- Configure and manage VMware Horizon® Client™ systems
- Configure and manage pools of physical and virtual machines
- Configure and manage automated pools of full virtual machines
- Configure and manage pools of linked-clone desktops
- Configure and manage automated pools of instant clones
- Configure and manage Remote Desktop Services (RDS) pools of desktops and applications
- Use Horizon Administrator to configure the VMware Horizon environment
- Configure secure access to virtual desktops
- Use VMware User Environment Manager™ to manage user personalization and application configurations
- Describe steps to deploy profile management
- Use VMware App Volumes™ to provision and manage applications
- Manage the performance and scalability of a VMware Horizon deployment
How Much Will It Cost?
An upfront payment of $5,140 is required to enroll in this course. Enquire now to find out more!
What You'll Need To Get In
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
• Use VMware vSphere® Web Client to view the state of virtual machines, datastores, and networks
• Open a virtual machine console on VMware vCenter Server® and access the guest operating system
• Create snapshots of virtual machines
• Configure guest customization specifications
• Modify virtual machine properties
• Convert a virtual machine into a template
• Deploy a virtual machine from a template
Attendees should have at a minimum the following Microsoft Windows system administration experience:
• Configure Active Directory services, including DNS, DHCP, and time synchronization
• Restrict users’ activities by implementing Group Policy objects
• Configure Windows systems to allow Remote Desktop Connections
• Build an ODBC connection to an SQL Server database
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: