Certified Cybersecurity ProfessionalGet a Free Course Guide
- Awarded byAustralian Institute of ICT (RTO 51681)
- QualificationShort Course
- Study ModeOnline
- Course Cost$4,950
- Duration3-5 months
- Payment OptionPayment planUpfront payment
- Duration3-5 months
- Start DateEnquire now for upcoming start dates
- Career OutcomesCyber Security Officer
Did you know that every 10 minutes a cybercrime is reported in Australia? Want to do your part to help combat the crime? Launch your career as a Certified Cybersecurity Professional with this 100% online course from the Australian Institute of ICT.
The course is made up of three certifications, these include; the CompTIA A+ which is the preferred qualifying credential for technical support and IT operational roles; CompTIA Network+ which helps develop a career in IT infrastructure covering troubleshooting, configuring, and managing networks; and the CompTIA Security+ which is a global certification that validates the baseline skills one needs to perform core security functions and pursue an IT security career.
This course has been put together by AIICT in consultation with industry partners to build key skills and knowledge to ensure you’re successful in cybersecurity frontline roles. Study online at your own pace and have access to an abundance of course content that has been developed with the latest content, certifications and simulation software to prepare you for your career.
Launch your career in cybersecurity, by learning the foundational skills required to understand networking, as a base to start to explore the security measures required to protect them; key threats and vulnerabilities which organisations face on a daily basis and how to protect these and prepare in case of a cyber attack; and how to implement a sound network architecture to provide the best possible defense against cyber attacks.
Study with AIICT and trust that you’ll build the right skills that are valued in the industry. Enquire today!
What You'll Learn
This cybersecurity course is made up of three globally recognised certifications from CompTIA. The subjects you may study include:
• Demonstrate baseline security skills for IT support professionals
• Configure device operating systems, including Windows, Mac, Linux, Chrome OS, Android and iOS and administer client-based as well as cloud-based (SaaS) software
• Troubleshoot and problem solve core service and support challenges while applying best practices for documentation, change management, and scripting
• Support basic IT infrastructure and networking
• Configure and support PC, mobile and IoT device hardware
• Implement basic data backup and recovery methods and apply data storage and management best practices
• Design and implement functional networks
• Configure, manage, and maintain essential network devices
• Use devices such as switches and routers to segment network traffic and create resilient networks
• Identify the benefits and drawbacks of existing network configurations
• Implement network security, standards, and protocols
• Troubleshoot network problems
• Support the creation of virtualised networks
• Analyse indicators of compromise and determine the type of malware
• Compare and contrast types of attacks
• Explain threat actor types and attributes
• Explain penetration testing concepts
• Explain vulnerability scanning concepts
• Install and configure network components, both hardware and software-based, to support organisational security
• Use appropriate software tools to assess the security posture of an organisation
• Troubleshoot common security issues
• Deploy mobile devices securely
• Implement secure protocols
• Compare and contrast identity and access management concepts
• Implement identity and access management controls
• Explain the importance of policies, plans and procedures related to organisational security
• Explain risk management processes and concepts
• Follow incident response procedures
• Summarise basic concepts of forensics
• Explain disaster recovery and continuity of operation concepts
• Compare and contrast basic concepts of cryptography
Why Study With Australian Institute of ICT
Want to make your mark in the ICT industry? Looking for a qualification that’ll get you workplace ready? Need to build to right future-focus skills? Study with confidence when you study an ICT course with the Australian Institute of ICT (AIICT). With innovative online courses in web development, information technology and more, AIICT offers you industry-recognised training that’ll give you the confidence and skills to pursue your dream job in this thriving industry. AIICT is part of DDLS, Australia’s largest provider of corporate IT and process training. As partners of many world-class companies including Microsoft, Google and CISCO, your training will be up-to-date with the latest processes, technology and platforms.
At the Australian Institute of ICT (AIICT), they’re all about making sure you have the resources conquer your study goals and achieve your career aspirations.
Studying online doesn’t mean you have to feel alone. Be led and supported by expert tutors who will share their extensive knowledge from working in the IT field, and gain access to a supportive online community of peers where you can discuss coursework, study tips and assessments.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this course, you'll graduate a Certified Cybersecurity Professional from AIICT. This course includes three globally recognised certifications from CompTIA.
AIICT has partnered with leading employers in Australia to develop a course which prepares you for a role as a front line Cybersecurity Analyst.
Students can take part in AIICT's hiring program where they can be put forward for frontline roles in cybersecurity with the best hiring businesses in Australia.
The cybersecurity industry is facing a serious crisis of skills shortage which makes the demand for professionals in the field (both locally and globally) higher than ever. Join the next generation of cyber professionals today!
- Cyber Security Officer
How Much Will It Cost?
The full fee for this course is $4,950.
AIICT offer interest-free payment plans to help you fund your studies. Enquire now to find out more.
What You'll Need To Get In
There are no prerequisites for this course.