20744- Securing Windows Server 2016
This five-day 20744- Securing Windows Server 2016 course by New Horizons teaches IT, professionals, how they can enhance the security of the IT infrastructure that they administer. This course begins by emphasizing the importance of assuming that network breaches have occurred already, and then teaches you how to protect administrative credentials and rights to ensure that administrators can perform only the tasks that they need to when they need to.
This course also details how you can mitigate malware threats, identify security issues by using auditing and the Advanced Threat Analysis feature in Windows Server 2016, secure your virtualization platform, and use new deployment options, such as Nano server and containers to enhance security. The course also explains how you can help protect access to files by using encryption and dynamic access control, and how you can enhance your network’s security.
What You'll Learn
In this 20744- Securing Windows Server 2016 course, the subjects you may study include:
· Module 1: Breach detection and using the Sysinternals tools
· Module 2: Protecting credentials and privileged access
· Module 3: Limiting administrator rights with just enough administration
· Module 4: Privileged access management and administrative forests
· Module 5: Mitigating malware and threats
· Module 6: Analysing activity by using advanced auditing and log analytics
· Module 7: Analysing activity with Microsoft advanced threat analytics feature and operations management suite
· Module 8: Securing your virtualization an infrastructure
· Module 9: Securing application development and server-workload infrastructure
· Module 10: Protecting data with encryption
· Module 11: Limiting access to file and folders
· Module 12: Using firewalls to control network traffic flow
· Module 13: Securing network traffic
· Module 14: Updating windows server
Why Study With New Horizons Australia Institute of Technology
With experience in delivering technology training that spans over 35 years, you can trust New Horizons Australia Institute of Technology to boost your skills in a range of areas including information technology, leadership, graphic design and more.
Their short courses are led by an expert team of trainers who have over 10 years of industry and teaching experience, and are all passionate and dedicated to getting you on the right path to success. Ranging from four hours to five days, New Horizons has short courses that’ll fill your knowledge gaps and lift your credentials in no time.
With a commitment to helping you achieve your educational goals, New Horizons Australia Institute of Technology is all about putting you on the right path to success. Turn to their experienced team and teachers to help equip you with the right skills and knowledge that’ll set you apart from the rest.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this 20744- Securing Windows Server 2016 course from New Horizons, students will be able to:
- Secure Windows Server.
- Secure application development and a server workload infrastructure.
- Manage security baselines.
- Configure and manage just enough and just-in-time (JIT) administration.
- Manage data security.
- Configure Windows Firewall and a software-defined distributed firewall.
- Secure network traffic.
- Secure your virtualization infrastructure.
- Manage malware and threats.
- Configure advanced auditing.
- Manage software updates.
- Manage threats by using Advanced Threat Analytics (ATA) and Microsoft Operations Management Suite (OMS).
How Much Will It Cost?
An upfront payment of $4,200 is required to enroll in this course. Enquire now to find out more!
What You'll Need To Get In
To be eligible to study this course, applicants should have at least two years of experience in the IT field and should have:
- Completed courses 740, 741, and 742, or the equivalent.
- A solid, practical understanding of networking fundamentals, including TCP/IP, User Datagram Protocol (UDP), and Domain Name System (DNS).
- A solid, practical understanding of Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles.
- A solid, practical understanding of Microsoft Hyper-V virtualization fundamentals.
- An understanding of Windows Server security principles.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: