- short courses computing skills
- information technology short courses
- list of information technology courses
- short courses it certification
- list of short courses in information technology
- microsoft office excel training online
- short course in computer skills
- microsoft office online training
- microsoft office skills training
- project manager courses
Find Out If a Career in Information Technology Is Your Kind of Career:
Information technology professionals are responsible for developing and maintaining the hardware and software systems in computers to organise and communicate information electronically.
In today's digital age, information technology jobs sought after by many companies in a variety of industries.
Is Information Technology Right For You?
It goes without saying to work in IT you need to be interested in learning as technology is constantly evolving. If you want a workplace where the day to day is guaranteed to be the same then information technology might not be the right place for you.
Outside of needing a thirst for knowledge, IT professionals should be extremely good at providing attention to detail. The tiniest mistake can send computer programs and web pages askew. Computer personnel must be efficient in paying close attention to detail to ensure everything is running smoothly.
Other important competencies to possess are excellent analytical, mathematical and multitasking skills. Baring and demonstrating these technical qualities to an employer or client will take you a long way to achieving a successful career in IT.
If you are contemplating a career in IT, here are some figures you'll love from the Australian Government Job Outlook Initiative:
- Over the next 5 years (to May 2022) the number of workers is expected to grow strongly to 41,000. Around 24,000 job openings are likely over this time from workers leaving and new jobs being created.
- Average earnings for full-time workers are around $1,693 per week (very high compared to the all jobs average of $1,230). Earnings tend to be lower when starting out and higher as experience grows.
- This is a large occupation employing 36,700 workers. The number of workers has stayed about the same over the past 5 years.
- Almost all work full-time. Full-time workers, on average, work 39.1 hours per week (compared to the all jobs average of 40 hours).
Types of Courses
There are numerous short courses available in the IT sector. They are offered to individuals Australia wide living in Perth, Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane. Whether you are looking to begin a career in IT or step into another area of this dynamic profession, there is a huge range of short courses to get you started.
Here is a brief outlook on what's available:
Certificate IV in Information Technology
This course can be taken in the space of a year. It involves learning competency in a wide range of general information and communication technology to support small to medium companies requiring a broader less specialised expertise.
Certificate IV in Information Technology Networking
This course is 1 year and covers the knowledge required to fit and maintain small-scale networks as part of a team or working as an independent network support technician.
Depending on what area of interest you go into, a career in IT could see you programming for web development or working in technical support. Here are some potential job titles:
- Web Designer
- Office Administrator
- Web Developer
- IT Support Technician
- Office Assistant
- Records Assistant
- Junior Office Administrator
- Word Processing Operator
- Business Equipment Technician
- Help Desk Officer
- Network Administrator
- Technical Support Officer
- Help Desk Assistant
- ICT Operations Officer
- PC Support Officer
- Junior Front-End Web Designer
- Applications Developer
- Software or Applications Programmer
- Assistant Web Developer
- Web Programmer
- IT Programmer
- e-Research Analyst
- Data Analyst
- Database Analyst
- Data Scientist
- Database Manager
- Big Data Visualiser
- Database Designer
- Assistant Database Developer
- Assistant Database Specialist
- Database Developer
- view all