HLT43015 Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance (Physiotherapy)Get a Free Course Guide
- Awarded byIntegrated Care & Management Training (ICMT) (RTO 90197)
- QualificationCertificate IV
- Study ModeOnline
- Course CostPrices may vary
- Duration24 months max
- Payment OptionPayment planUpfront payment
- Duration24 months max
- Start DateAnytime
- Career OutcomesPractice Manager | Health Assistant | Allied Health Worker | View all
The Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance (Physiotherapy) (HLT43015) offered by Open Colleges, in partnership with Integrated Care Management Training (ICMT), will give you the skills and training to begin your career as a physiotherapist’s assistant or aide, or allied health assistant.
This online allied health course will give you a thorough education in the areas of health care crucial to being a skilled assistant, such as communication in a health context, assistance in rehabilitation, assistance in physiotherapy treatment, organisational effectiveness in health and OH&S processes. Upon completion of this program you will have the skills and knowledge to pursue a new career as a trained and competent assistant.
Students must complete a minimum of 120 hours of work placement.
This course meets the Nationally Recognised Training standards. It is listed on the Australian government’s National Register for Vocational Education and Training (VET). Studying this course leads to a qualification that’s recognised throughout Australia, and lets employers know that you have the right skills for the job.
What You'll Learn
In this online allied health assistance program, the subjects you’ll study include:
- HLTAHA001 – Assist with an allied health program
- CHCCOM005 – Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCCOM002 – Use communication to build relationships
- CHCDIV001 – Work with diverse people
- BSBMED301 – Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- HLTAAP001 – Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTAAP002 – Confirm physical health status
- HLTWHS002 – Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- CHCLEG003 – Manage legal and ethical compliance
- HLTAHA003 – Deliver and monitor a client-specific physiotherapy program
- HLTAHA005 – Support the delivery and monitoring of physiotherapy programs for mobility
- CHCCCS002 – Assist with movement
- BSBINM301 – Organise workplace information
- HLTAID001 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID002 – Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID003 – Provide first aid
Why Study With Open Colleges
Open Colleges is one of the largest private education providers in Australia. It offers a wide variety of courses, from leisure courses to vocational and higher education courses, many of which are government-accredited and employer-recognised. All courses are delivered by correspondence, allowing you to work at your own pace and around your own schedule. Studying with Open Colleges is perfect for people with busy lifestyles, and those wishing to work and learn for themselves.
As a student of Open Colleges, you will have access to a range of student and administrative support options. Your course trainers are available via email, messaging and through your online course forums in OpenSpace. You will also have access to help with study skills such as time management, essay writing and referencing.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this course you will receive a nationally recognised, accredited Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance (Physiotherapy) (HLT43015) from ICM Training.
With this online Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance (Physiotherapy) (HLT43015) course, you will gain the necessary skills and knowledge to provide effective assistance to a physiotherapist or other allied health practitioner. You will have practical assistance skills and knowledge, as well as organisational and administrative skills to support a small allied health centre.
- Practice Manager
- Health Assistant
- Allied Health Worker
- Ambulance Attendant
- Laboratory Assistant
- Mental Health Support Worker
- Dental Assistant
- Registered Nurse
- Health Promotion Officer
- Administration Supervisor
How Much Will It Cost?
Open Colleges offers two flexible payment models to help make studying more affordable:
Payment Option 1: Pay in weekly instalments
- $84.38 per week (48 weeks)
- $100 deposit
Payment Option 2: Pay in full when you enrol and save up to 25% on your course fees
- $4,642.50 upfront payment
What You'll Need To Get In
To be eligible for this course, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have completed Year 10, or equivalent; OR
- Hold a certificate II or higher qualification; OR
- Have at least 2 years of industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication; AND
- Aged atleast 18 years