SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness
- Awarded byAustralian Institute of Personal Trainers (RTO 32363)
- QualificationCertificate IV
- Study ModeOnline
- Course Cost$1615 when you pay upfront OR payment plan: 52 Weekly Instalments of $39.71 (plus $250 deposit) when you choose the Student Selected Mentor stream
- DurationUp to 12 months
- Payment OptionPayment planUpfront payment
- DurationUp to 12 months
- Start DateDependent on your chosen delivery mode. Enquire now to find out more.
- LocationOnline, NSW, TAS, WA, VIC, QLD, SA
- Career OutcomesPersonal Trainer
Studying with AIPT means you’ll graduate industry-ready.
Looking to take your fitness career to the next level? Expand your skillset and gain the right qualifications to work as a registered personal trainer with this online SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness course. Delivered by Australia’s leading provider in practical fitness education, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers, this program is designed to broaden your skills and qualify you to work with a larger range of clients.
The program will show you how to tailor exercise programs for children, adolescents and older clients; and covers a variety of core skills that will set you up for a long-term career in this dynamic industry. You will learn about training legalities, the specifics behind fitness planning, motivational psychology and what it takes to plan and run your own fitness business.
You can choose from three different delivery modes for the practical element. The online component is delivered through a bespoke learning management system:
1. Face-to-Face On-Campus SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness
52 hours face-to-face practical delivered on-campus with theory components completed online in your own time.
2. AIPT Mentor – 40 hours of face-to-face SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness
40 hours of face-to-face practical completed with an AIPT Mentor, a qualified Personal Trainer, who will guide you through your course material and provide you with hands-on experience, with theory components completed online, in your own time.
3. Student Selected Mentor SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness
Choose your own Mentor* to guide you through 40 hours of face-to-face practical. Theory components are completed online, in your own time.
*Your mentor must be approved by the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers.
Graduate Placement Guarantee
The Australian Institute of Personal Trainers has partnered with a number of gyms to not only offer you the highest calibre of training but also to offer you a Graduate Placement Guarantee+.
This Graduate Placement Guarantee applies to all those who study the Complete Personal Trainer at a Goodlife Health Club, Genesis Fitness Club, Core24 Health Club or Club Lime location.
When you graduate from this Australian Institute of Personal Trainers qualification, you will be certified to the standards required by Goodlife, Genesis, Core24 or Club Lime and you will be given the opportunity to work as a fitness professional in one of these leading gym network partners within six months of graduation.
^The Complete Personal Trainer Program consists of the SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness + Entry Requirements. Please contact us for further details on the course structure.
*Your chosen Mentor must be approved by the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers.
~Terms and conditions apply to the Graduate Placement Guarantee. Enquire now for more information.
Studying with AIPT means you'll graduate industry-ready.
This course meets the Nationally Recognised Training standards. It is listed on the Australian government’s National Register for Vocational Education and Training (VET). Studying this course leads to a qualification that’s recognised throughout Australia, and lets employers know that you have the right skills for the job.
What You'll Learn
In this fitness course, the units of competency you may study include:
- SISFFIT019 - Incorporate exercise science principles into fitness programming
- SISFFIT018 - Promote functional movement capacity
- SISFFIT015 - Collaborate with medical and allied health professionals in a fitness context
- SISFFIT025 - Recognise the dangers of providing nutrition advice to clients
- SISFFIT026 - Support healthy eating through the Eat for Health Program
- SISFFIT016 - Provide motivation to positively influence exercise behaviour
- SISXRES001 - Conduct sustainable work practices in open spaces
- SISFFIT021 - Instruct personal training programs
- SISFFIT023 - Instruct group personal training programs
- SISFFIT017 - Instruct long-term exercise programs
- SISFFIT020 - Instruct exercise programs for body composition goals
- SISSSTC301A - Instruct strength and conditioning techniques
- SISSSTC402A - Develop strength and conditioning programs
- SISFFIT012 - Instruct movement programs to children aged 5-12 years
- SISFFIT013 - Instruct exercise to young people aged 13-17 years
- BSBSMB401 - Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business
- BSBSMB404 - Undertake small business planning
- BSBSMB403 - Market the small business
- BSBSMB405 - Monitor and manage small business operations
- SISXCCS003 - Address Client Needs
Why Study With Australian Institute of Personal Trainers
As far as nutrition, fitness and wellness goes, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT) has got it all down pat! Learn from one of the best in the fitness education industry and gain a qualification that is widely recognised when you study with AIPT.
They’ve been qualifying countless students since 1999 and offer over 150 campuses and a huge network of mentors Australia-wide. With a dedication to raising the bar and profile of personal trainers, and a post-graduate employment rate that’s well above the industry average, you can trust AIPT to help give you the skills and knowledge to succeed.
From enrolment through to completion, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers has a number of support services to help you along your learning journey.
Stay on track and focused with AIPT’s Student Support Officers; get coaching and assistance with course content from their Specialist and Technical Advisors; trust their Assessors to provide constructive feedback, and understand the practical elements of your course from on-campus Personal Trainers.
AIPT also offer graduates access to a range of career preparation tools including CV templates, job interview tips and more.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a nationally recognised SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness from the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers.
By completing thisSIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness qualification, you'll be able to take your fitness career to the next level! Such a qualification will open up a variety of new career opportunities for you, and enable you to pursue as a:
- Personal Trainer
How Much Will It Cost?
The Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT) offers affordable payment options to help you start your studies sooner.
Student Selected Mentor
- Payment Option 1: Choose your Mentor, study online and pay $1615 in full to become a Personal Trainer and save $700* on your course fees
- Payment Option 2: Start studying from $39.71 a week on a 12-month payment plan with a deposit of $250 (52 weekly repayments)
- Payment Option 1: Pay $2390 to study face-to- face with an AIPT Mentor
- Payment Option 2: Start studying from $54.62 a week on a 12-month payment plan with a deposit of $500 (52 weekly repayments)
- Payment Option 1: Pay $3390 to study face-to- face on-campus
- Payment Option 2: Start studying from $69.04 a week on a 12-month payment plan with a deposit of $500 (52 weekly repayments)
Tuition fees include course delivery and assessment, study materials and dedicated student support services. Please note this course does not qualify for assisted government funding.
What You'll Need To Get In
You will need to have completed year 10, or equivalent. Equivalency can be demonstrated by one of the following:
- A qualification at Certificate II level or higher OR
- 2 years of industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication.
You will need to be at least 16 years old. If you are under 18 your enrolment form will need to be signed by a parent or guardian.
You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
In order to complete the online part of the course you will need regular access to the following:
- Computer: Laptop or desktop computer with working speakers or headphone points
- Internet: High-speed internet such as Broadband or ADSL, T1/T2, fibre optic or cable (Dial-up access will be significantly slower and is not recommended)
- Windows : Operating system – Windows XP or Vista 7 or above. Internet Browser – Internet Explorer 7 or higher or the latest version of Google Chrome
- MAC : Operating system: OS X 10.4 or later. Internet Browser – latest version of Google Chrome
- Software: Flash, Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word (or Open Office which is free to download
Working with Children Check
In order to complete your practical component, you must hold a current “working with children check” (card) issued by the relevant government department in the state or territory in which you will undertake this course.
First Aid Certificate
SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness has a mandatory pre-requisites of holding a valid First Aid Certificate (HLTAID003 Provide first aid) before commencement. This qualification needs to be completed through an external third party, and the cost of this external training is not included in any of your course fees. The Australian Institute of Personal Trainers has an agreement in place with Red Cross Australia (RTO 3605) which provides First aid Training to AIPT students at a reduced price. Red Cross Australia is an independent third party training provider. AIPT acknowledges this is not the only Third Party Provider able to deliver accredited First Aid Training and students are encouraged to find the right provider for them.