SIS40215 + Entry Requirements Complete Personal Trainer
- Awarded byAustralian Institute of Personal Trainers (RTO 32363)
- QualificationCertificate IV
- Study ModeOn Campus
- Payment OptionPayment planUpfront payment
- DurationUp to 12 months
- Start DateDependent on you chosen delivery mode. Enquire now and find out more.
- LocationNSW, TAS, WA, VIC, QLD, SA, ACT
- Career OutcomesPersonal Trainer
Studying with AIPT means you’ll graduate industry-ready.
Designed to help you make an immediate start in the fitness industry, the Complete Personal Trainer^ (SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness + Entry requirements) course will give you an edge over other fitness professionals. Delivered by the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers, this course is taught through a mix of online theory and hands-on experience to give you the flexibility and real-world skills needed to excel in the competitive fitness industry.
You can choose from three different delivery modes for the practical element. The online component is delivered through a bespoke learning management system:
1. Face-to-Face On-Campus -52 hours face-to-face practical delivered on-campus with theory components completed online in your own time.
2. AIPT Mentor – 40 hours of face-to-face practical completed with an AIPT Mentor, a qualified Personal Trainer, who will guide you through your course material and provide you with hands-on experience, with theory components completed online, in your own time.
3. Student Selected Mentor – Choose your own Mentor* to guide you through 40 hours of face-to-face practical. Theory components are completed online, in your own time.
The course will take you through fitness fundamentals such as how to undertake client assessments, plan and deliver effective exercise programs, and monitor the progress of your clients. From there, you’ll progress to more advanced modules such as small-business planning, long-term exercise program design and motivational psychology – crucial skills that will give your fitness career longevity into the future.
Graduate Placement guarantee+
The Australian Institute of Personal Trainers has partnered with a number of gyms to not only offer you the highest calibre of training but also to offer you a Graduate Placement Guarantee+.
This Graduate Placement Guarantee applies to all those who study the Complete Personal Trainer at a Goodlife Health Club, Genesis Fitness Club, Core24 Health Club or Club Lime location.
When you graduate from this Australian Institute of Personal Trainers qualification, you will be certified to the standards required by Goodlife, Genesis, Core24 or Club Lime and you will be given the opportunity to work as a fitness professional in one of these leading gym network partners within six months of graduation.
^The Complete Personal Trainer Program consists of the SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness + Entry Requirements. Please contact us for further details on the course structure.
*Your chosen Mentor must be approved by the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers.
~Terms and conditions apply to the Graduate Placement Guarantee. Enquire now for more information.
This course meets the Nationally Recognised Training standards. It is listed on the Australian government’s National Register for Vocational Education and Training (VET). Studying this course leads to a qualification that’s recognised throughout Australia, and lets employers know that you have the right skills for the job.
What You'll Learn
In this personal training course, the units of competency you will study include:
SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness + Entry Requirements Package
- SISFFIT004 - Incorporate anatomy and physiology principles into fitness programming
- SISFFIT001 - Provide health screening and fitness orientation
- SISFFIT006 - Conduct fitness appraisals
- SISFFIT005 - Provide healthy eating information
- SISXCCS001 - Provide quality service
- SISFFIT003 - Instruct fitness programs
- SISFFIT002 - Recognise and apply exercise considerations for specific populations
- SISFFIT014 - Instruct exercise to older clients
SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness
- SISFFIT019 - Incorporate exercise science principles into fitness programming
- SISFFIT018 - Promote functional movement capacity
- SISFFIT015 - Collaborate with medical and allied health professionals in a fitness context
- SISFFIT025 - Recognise the dangers of providing nutrition advice to clients
- SISFFIT026 - Support healthy eating through the Eat for Health Program
- SISFFIT016 - Provide motivation to positively influence exercise behaviour
- SISXRES001 - Conduct sustainable work practices in open spaces
- SISFFIT021 - Instruct personal training programs
- SISFFIT023 - Instruct group personal training programs
- SISFFIT017 - Instruct long-term exercise programs
- SISFFIT020 - Instruct exercise programs for body composition goals
- SISSSTC301A - Instruct strength and conditioning techniques
- SISSSTC402A - Develop strength and conditioning programs
- SISFFIT012 - Instruct movement programs to children aged 5–12 years
- SISFFIT013 - Instruct exercise to young people aged 13–17 years
- BSBSMB401 - Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business
- BSBSMB404 - Undertake small business planning
- BSBSMB403 - Market the small business
- BSBSMB405 - Monitor and manage small business operations
- SISXCCS003 - Address Client Needs
Why Study With Australian Institute of Personal Trainers
As far as nutrition, fitness and wellness goes, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT) has got it all down pat! Learn from one of the best in the fitness education industry and gain a qualification that is widely recognised when you study with AIPT.
They’ve been qualifying countless students since 1999 and offer over 150 campuses and a huge network of mentors Australia-wide. With a dedication to raising the bar and profile of personal trainers, and a post-graduate employment rate that’s well above the industry average, you can trust AIPT to help give you the skills and knowledge to succeed.
From enrolment through to completion, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers has a number of support services to help you along your learning journey.
Stay on track and focused with AIPT’s Student Support Officers; get coaching and assistance with course content from their Specialist and Technical Advisors; trust their Assessors to provide constructive feedback, and understand the practical elements of your course from on-campus Personal Trainers.
AIPT also offer graduates access to a range of career preparation tools including CV templates, job interview tips and more.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this course you will receive a nationally recognised SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness from the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers.
Completing this program will fast-track your fitness career, and enable you to start in the fitness industry upon completion of this qualification. Successful completion of the Face to Face On Campus delivery option will also equip you with the skills to work with a number of fitness centres such as Goodlife Health Clubs, Genesis Fitness Clubs or Fitness First.
- Personal Trainer
How Much Will It Cost?
The Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT) offers affordable payment options to help you start your studies sooner.
Student Selected Mentor
- Payment Option 1: Choose your Mentor, study online and pay $2,690 in full to become a Personal Trainer and save $700* on your course fees
- Payment Option 2: Start studying from $60.38 a week on a 12-month payment plan with a deposit of $250 (52 weekly repayments)
- Payment Option 1: Pay $4,190 to study face-to- face with an AIPT Mentor
- Payment Option 2: Start studying from $84.42 a week on a 12-month payment plan with a deposit of $500 (52 weekly repayments)
- Payment Option 1: Pay $4,690 to study face-to- face on-campus
- Payment Option 2: Start studying from $94.04 a week on a 12-month payment plan with a deposit of $500 (52 weekly repayments)
Tuition fees include course delivery and assessment, study materials and dedicated student support services. Please note this course does not qualify for assisted government funding.
What You'll Need To Get In
You will need to have completed year 10, or equivalent. This can be demonstrated by one of the following:
- A qualification at Certificate II level or higher OR
- 2 years of industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication.
You will need to be at least 16 years old. If you are under 18 your enrolment form will need to be signed by a parent or guardian.
You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
In order to complete the on-line part of the course you will need regular access to the following:
Computer: Laptop or desktop computer with working speakers or headphone points
- Internet: High speed internet such as Broadband or ADSL, T1/T2, fibre optic or cable (Dial-up access will be significantly slower and is not recommended)
- Windows : Operating system - Windows XP or Vista 7 or above. Internet Browser - Internet Explorer 7 or higher or the latest version of Google Chrome
- MAC : Operating system: OS X 10.4 or later. Internet Browser - latest version of Google Chrome
- Software: Flash, Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word (or Open Office which is free to download
In order to complete your practical component, you must hold a current “Working with Children Card issued by the relevant Government department in the State in which you have enrolled. You must also obtain or hold a current first aid and CPR certificate~.
~The Australian Institute of Personal Trainers has an agreement in place with Red Cross Australia (RTOID 3605) which allows students to receive training for this unit. Red Cross Australia is a third party training provider who conduct training and assessment services on behalf of Australian Institute of Personal Trainers. Please note the cost of this is not included in your course fees.