Introduction to AccountingGet a Free Course Guide
- Awarded byAustralian Institute of Management Education and Training (RTO 0049)
- QualificationShort Course
- Study ModeOnline
- Course Cost$1,075
- Duration6 months continuous access
- Payment OptionUpfront payment
- Duration6 months continuous access
- Start DateAnytime – start today!
The function of accounting in any organization is to closely monitor the movement of funds in order to determine the financial health of a business and identify ways of increasing profitability. Australian Institute of Management Education and Training is a state-of-the-art online learning management system that offers a community approach to self-directed study and provides students with the opportunity to share their experiences, ideas and questions through features such as live chat forums and integrated social media platforms.
This online Introduction to Accounting course covers the accounting requirements for Australian businesses.
AIM learning designers are experienced managers with a robust mix of academic and practical expertise. We believe the education of the future managers of Australia to be a highly important task. Who is better placed to develop relevant learning on the art and science of management than those with current, daily real-world experience?
What You'll Learn
In this Introduction to Accounting course, the subjects you may study include:
MODULE 1 - ACCOUNTING PRINCIPLES
- General accounting principles
- Good accounting practice
- Accounting systems and processes
- Understanding assets and liabilities
- Equity and working capital
MODULE 2 - FINANCIAL REPORTING
- Balance sheets
- Profit and loss
- Cash flow statements
- Cash flow budget/forecasting
- Accrual accounting
MODULE 3 - ANALYSING FINANCIAL STATEMENTS
- Financial analysis
- Liquidity ratios
- Profitability ratios
- Activity/effectiveness ratios
- Financial structure ratios
MODULE 4 - INTRODUCTION TO BUSINESS TAXATION
- The ABN
- Income tax
- Tax deductions
- Capital gains tax
MODULE 5 - BUDGETING
- Budget reports
- Kinds of budgets
- Budget contents
- Budget monitoring and analysis
Why Study With Australian Institute of Management Education and Training
AIM provides students with practical qualifications that certify their skills and advances their careers. Each qualification is delivered through a blend of practical exercises and evaluative tools, and with no exams to study for; students can focus on completing assessments that have real world application. With the choice to study online or on campus, studying with AIM means you can maintain your work-life balance while building your future career.
Australian Institute of Management Education and Training Pty Limited (ABN 40 009 668 553); RTO code 0049 (AIMET); level 21, 580 George St, Sydney, NSW, 2000, an approved FEE-HELP and VET FEE-HELP provider. AIMET is a registered Higher Education Provider listed on the national register, Provider ID: PRV12071. AIMET uses the brand name AIM with permission from the Australian Institute of Management (ABN 56 004 525 017).
AIM (RTO 0049) prides itself on delivering holistic, comprehensive qualifications, that helps you fast-track your career whilst gaining official certification of your skills. Whether you prefer online learning or face-to-face classes, AIM offers both options.
The online virtual campus, MyAIM allows students to work through the online modules at their own pace, connect with other students and receive online learning support from AIM’s Student Support and Coaching Services teams.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this Introduction to Accounting course from Australian Institute of Management Education and Training you will be able to:
- Collect and analyze financial data to ensure consistency, quality and accuracy while identifying discrepancies, unusual features or queries.
- Correctly record income and expenditure to ensure compliance with statutory requirements while ensuring that statements take full advantage of available benefits.
- Provide recommendations to enhance the effectiveness of functions and prioritize significant issues in statements including comparative financial performances for review.
- Ensure the structure and format of reports are clear and conform to organizational and statutory requirements.
How Much Will It Cost?
We require full payment to be made upfront prior to accessing the online short course. Payment can only be made via Credit Card (Visa/MasterCard/Amex).
What You'll Need To Get In
If you’re looking to gain a better understanding of accounting concepts and how to evaluate financial data, but don’t have an accounting or financial background, this Introduction to Accounting course is ideal for you.