Finance for Non-Finance ManagersGet a Free Course Guide
- Awarded byAustralian Institute of Management Education and Training (RTO 0049)
- QualificationShort Course
- Study ModeOn Campus
- Course Cost$1,495
- Duration2 Days
- Payment OptionPayment planUpfront payment
- Duration2 Days
- Start DateEnquire now for upcoming start dates.
- LocationNSW | QLD | SA | VIC | ACT
Managers and leaders who have an understanding of their organization’s financial position feel more confident in their business decision-making. This Finance for Non-Finance Managers course introduces all aspects of financial management from planning through to budget review and reporting on financial outcomes.
The benefits of studying in a classroom setting include being able to share first-hand experiences, ideas and questions with peers and our expert facilitators. You’ll study alongside like-minded people and strengthen your network.
Australian Institute of Management Education and Training facilitators are experienced practitioners with a robust mix of academic and practical expertise. We believe the education of the future managers of Australia to be a highly important task. Who is better placed to teach the art and science of management than those with current, daily real-world experience?
What You'll Learn
In this Finance for Non-Finance Managers course, the subjects you may study include:
- Financial literacy
- Language of finance
- Financial Management Cycle
- Review Performance
- Financial Statements
- The numbers never lie. Or do they?
- Statement of Financial Position
- Statement of Profit and Loss and Other Comprehensive Income
- Statement of Changes in Equity
- Statement of Cash Flows
- Impact of Transactions on Financial Statements
- Analysing Financial Statements
- Revenue and Cost Behaviour
- Contribution Margin
- Cost Accounting
- Establish Budgets
- Capital Expenditure Budget
- Present Value
- Net Present Value
- Profit and Loss Budget
- Cash Flow Budget
- Financing Options
- Implement and Monitor the Budget
- Monitoring the Budget
- Cash Flow Management
- Using Budgets to Monitor Performance
- Internal Controls
- Review Financial Performance
- Australian Tax Requirements
- Continuous Improvement
Why Study With Australian Institute of Management Education and Training
AIM provides students with practical qualifications that certify their skills and advances their careers. Each qualification is delivered through a blend of practical exercises and evaluative tools, and with no exams to study for; students can focus on completing assessments that have real world application. With the choice to study online or on campus, studying with AIM means you can maintain your work-life balance while building your future career.
Australian Institute of Management Education and Training Pty Limited (ABN 40 009 668 553); RTO code 0049 (AIMET); level 21, 580 George St, Sydney, NSW, 2000, an approved FEE-HELP and VET FEE-HELP provider. AIMET is a registered Higher Education Provider listed on the national register, Provider ID: PRV12071. AIMET uses the brand name AIM with permission from the Australian Institute of Management (ABN 56 004 525 017).
AIM (RTO 0049) prides itself on delivering holistic, comprehensive qualifications, that helps you fast-track your career whilst gaining official certification of your skills. Whether you prefer online learning or face-to-face classes, AIM offers both options.
The online virtual campus, MyAIM allows students to work through the online modules at their own pace, connect with other students and receive online learning support from AIM’s Student Support and Coaching Services teams.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this Finance for Non-Finance Managers course from Australian Institute of Management Education and Training you'll be able to:
- Analyse previous financial data to establish areas which have generated a profit or loss and establish critical initiatives that will require resources in the next financial cycle.
- Use previous financial data to determine allocations for resources, make informed estimates of new items for inclusion and prepare budgets in accordance with statutory requirements.
- Ensure the structure and format of financial reports are clear in order to identify significant issues and prepare recommendations to ensure the ongoing financial viability of your organization.
How Much Will It Cost?
We require full payment to be made upfront prior to attending the training. Payment options we offer include:
- Credit Card (Visa/MasterCard/Amex)
- Direct Deposit (EFT)
- Purchase Order - If you need to raise an internal purchase order please advise. Your space on the course is not secured until you have provided us with an official Purchase Order with all relevant details completed.
- Zip Money - If you would like to spread the cost of your training out our finance partner Zip Money can offer you a line of credit with 6 months interest-free and flexible weekly, fortnightly or monthly payment options.
What You'll Need To Get In
If you’re a manager with responsibility for planning, managing and reporting on budgets and financial indicators, or you wish to deepen your knowledge of business finance, this Finance for Non-Finance Managers course is ideal for you.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: