CHC40213 Certificate IV in Education Support
- Awarded byFoundation Education (RTO 22557)
- QualificationCertificate IV
- Study ModeOnline
- Course CostUpfront Payment: $2,690 OR Payment Plan: 52 Weekly Instalments of $65.43 (plus $100 deposit).
- Duration24 months
- Payment OptionPayment planUpfront payment
- Duration24 months
- Start DateAnytime – start today!
- Career OutcomesEducation Support Worker | Education Officer | Special Needs Support Worker | View all
The Certificate IV in Education Support will give you the skills required to support the behaviour of children and young people, supervise students outside the classroom, apply a range of principles and processes to facilitate student learning and comply with legislative, policy and industrial requirements in the education environment.
You also gain skills and knowledge in providing support to students who face a range of challenges that may limit their participation in outcomes from the curriculum. Upon graduation, you will be qualified to provide a stimulating, safe and meaningful learning environment as a Teacher Aide, Education Assistant or Special Needs Teacher Aide. You will also be qualified to work as a Language or Literacy Worker, helping children how to read and write. Across all positions, you may be required to perform tasks with a moderate level of autonomy or under the supervision of other staff.
This course also requires a minimum of 100 hours of work placement in an education environment and a supervisor able to sign off on practical demonstration elements. You will also be required to undertake the unit HLTAID003 Provide First Aid through an external provider.
This course meets the Nationally Recognised Training standards. It is listed on the Australian government’s National Register for Vocational Education and Training (VET). Studying this course leads to a qualification that’s recognised throughout Australia, and lets employers know that you have the right skills for the job.
What You'll Learn
In this education course, the subjects you may study include:
- CHCEDS001 – Comply with legislative, policy and industrial requirements in the education environment
- CHCECE006 – Support behaviour of children and young people
- CHCEDS021 – Assist in facilitation of student learning
- CHCEDS022 – Work with students in need of additional support
- CHCEDS024 – Use educational strategies to support Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander education
- CHCEDS025 – Facilitate learning for students with disabilities
- CHCEDS032 – Support learning and implementation of responsible behaviour
- CHCPRP003 – Reflect on an improve own professional practice
- CHCPRT001 – Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- CHCDIV001 – Work with diverse people
- CHCDIV002 – Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- HLTWHS001 – Participate in work health and safety
- CHCEDS023 – Supervise students outside the classroom
- CHCPRP001 – Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships
- TAEDEL401A – Plan, organise and deliver group-based learning
- TAEDEL402A – Plan, organise and facilitate learning in the workplace
- *HLTAID003 – Provide first aid
*This course contains a core unit, HLTAID003 Provide first aid, which must be completed through an external RTO. Foundation Education has an agreement in place with Red Cross Australia (RTOID 3605) which allows students to receive training for this unit at a reduced price. Red Cross Australia is a third party training provider who conduct training and assessment services on behalf of Foundation Education.
Why Study With Foundation Education
For 20 years Foundation Education has been boosting the skills of their students and getting them workplace ready. With nationally recognised certificates in Early Childhood Education and Care, Health Administration, Allied Health, Dental Care and more, you can trust Foundation Education to provide you with the premier education you’re seeking.
When you study with Foundation Education you’ll be getting the up-to-date knowledge and support you need to conquer your career goals. Their Certificate III and IV courses will provide you with the perfect entry point into your field or a gateway into University.
Study online and enjoy a flexible learning experience tailored to suit your schedule. Simply log on and learn at your own pace and convenience.
Get expert support and guidance along every step of your Foundation Education study journey.
Their dedicated support services include an Orientation to help familiarise you with the new e-learning platform; Specialist and Technical Advisors who are on hand to answer any questions around your course content and assessments; Student Support Officers to assist you with all general enquiries, and a team of Assessors to evaluate assignments and provide feedback.
Plus throughout your studies you will have access to group and individual coaching sessions, activity monitoring to help you stay on track with your assignments and a range of career preparation tools.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this course you will receive a nationally recognised, accredited CHC40213 Certificate IV in Education Support from Foundation Education.
Your ability to improve and enhance student learning will be developed through theoretical and hands-on components of your study, allowing you to cope with real classroom settings with confidence.
Choosing electives that align with your professional goals lets you begin shaping your career trajectory and places you in the best position to be hired for your dream job in education support.
- Education Support Worker
- Education Officer
- Special Needs Support Worker
- Teacher's Aide
- Teaching Assistant
- Education Assistant
- Learning Support Assistant
- Special Needs School Assistant
How Much Will It Cost?
Foundation Education offers affordable payment options to help you start your studies sooner.
Payment Option 1: Pay in weekly instalments
- $65.43 per week (52 weekly repayments)
- $100 deposit
Payment Option 2: Pay in full when you enrol and save up to $700 on your course fees
- $2,690 upfront payment
Tuition fees include course delivery and assessment, study materials and dedicated student support services. Please note this course does not qualify for assisted government funding.
What You'll Need To Get In
Whilst there are no formal entry requirements mandated by the training package, students’ skills and capabilities to undertake this training product will be assessed and advice on suitability will be provided during the pre-enrolment process.
You will need to be at least 16 years old. If you are under 18 years your enrolment form will need to be signed by a parent or guardian.
Students must apply for their Working with Children check at course commencement. For mandatory work placement (100 hours), students must have access to an education environment AND a qualified teacher who is employed at the school. Education environments may include:
- Government school (pre-primary, primary and secondary)
- Private/non-government school (pre-primary, primary and secondary)
- Education centre
- Special educational centre
- Community educational centre
You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
In order to complete the on-line part of the course you will need regular access to the following:
- Computer: Laptop or desktop computer with working speakers or headphone points
- Internet: High speed internet such as Broadband or ADSL, T1/T2, fibre optic or cable (Dial-up access will be significantly slower and is not recommended).
- Windows : Operating system – Windows XP or Vista 7 or above.
- Internet Browser – Internet Explorer 7 or higher or the latest version of Google Chrome.
- MAC : Operating system: OS X 10.4 or later. Internet Browser – latest version of Google Chrome.
- Software: Flash, Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word (or Open Office which is free to download).