CHC40113 Certificate IV in School Age Education and Care
- Awarded byMelbourne City Institute of Education (RTO 22172)
- QualificationCertificate IV
- Study ModeOn Campus
- Course Cost$6,500
- Duration36 weeks (9 months)
- Payment OptionPayment planUpfront payment
- Duration36 weeks (9 months)
- Start DateEnquire now for upcoming start dates
- Career OutcomesChild Care Worker | Child Carer | Child Care Coordinator | View all
Turn your love for children into a rewarding professional career with this Certificate IV in School Age Education and Care (CHC40113) course from the Melbourne City Institute of Education.
Designed for anyone seeking to start a career working for the care and development of school-aged children, this nationally recognised course provides the fundamental knowledge, skills and experience you’ll need to thrive in the exciting and challenging world of child development.
You’ll learn key aspects of child care, including responding to risks, maintaining a safe and healthy environment, providing healthy food and drinks, and using approved learning frameworks to guide children’s learning, development and participation. You’ll be equipped with the skills to work in a team guiding children’s play and leisure, ensuring all children under the care of your team have a safe, happy and fulfilling experience in your care.
With theoretical study complementing 120 hours of practical work placement, this relevant qualification will ensure you graduate ready to work and with the skills to stand out in a competitive job market. Classes are delivered both during the week and on weekends, ensuring learning fits in with your lifestyle.
If you’re interested in working with children and want to start a rewarding new career, this course is your first step.
This course meets the Nationally Recognised Training standards. It is listed on the Australian government’s National Register for Vocational Education and Training (VET). Studying this course leads to a qualification that’s recognised throughout Australia, and lets employers know that you have the right skills for the job.
What You'll Learn
In this Certificate IV in School Age Education and Care (CHC40113) course, the subjects you may study include:
- CHCDIV002 – Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCECE001 – Develop cultural competence
- CHCECE002 – Ensure the health and safety of children
- CHCECE004 – Promote and provide healthy food and drinks
- CHCECE009 – Use an approved learning framework to guide practice
- CHCECE011 – Provide experiences to support children’s play and learning
- CHCLEG001 – Work legally and ethically
- CHCPRT001 – Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- HLTAID004 – Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
- HLTWHS001 – Participate in workplace health and safety
- CHCDIV001 – Work with diverse people
- CHCSAC001 – Support children to participate in school age care
- CHCSAC002 – Develop and implement play and leisure experiences in school age care
- CHCSAC003 – Work collaboratively and respectfully with children in school age care
- CHCSAC004 – Support the holistic development of children in school age care
- CHCECE007 – Develop positive and respectful relationships with children
- CHCECE026 – Work in partnership with families to provide appropriate education and care for children
- SISXCAI003 – Conduct non-instructional sport, fitness or recreation sessions
- CHCECE006 – Support behaviour of children and young people
Why Study With Melbourne City Institute of Education
Discover the Melbourne City Institute of Education (MCIE) difference when you study at this esteemed institution. With a key focus on getting you closer to conquering your career goals, MCIE’s courses have been developed by relevant industry leaders and offer you the opportunity to build practical experience.
Give back to the community with a nationally recognised certificate in disability care, individual support and more, all led by passionate and experienced trainers and in state-of-the-art training facilities.
At MCIE, your success is their success, which is why they’re dedicated to providing you with a supportive and positive learning experience.
MCIE offer students resources, support services and guidance around job and career opportunities; accommodation needs; lifestyle adjustments that may come with studying; general health and wellbeing, and health cover. They also have a dedicated Student Welfare Coordinator.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a Certificate IV in School Age Education and Care (CHC40113) course from the Melbourne City Institute of Education.
This qualification will enable you to pursue employment in a range of child care and development roles. You may choose to seek employment as a child care centre worker, a child care assistant, a play group leader or an after-school carer, working closely with children in a safe, secure and happy environment.
This qualification is nationally recognised and will equip you with the skills, experience and essential cultural and emotional insights required to seek employment in this rewarding and fulfilling area.
- Child Care Worker
- Child Carer
- Child Care Coordinator
- Child Care Facility Manager
- Child Care Assistant
- Playgroup Supervisor
How Much Will It Cost?
The fee for this course is $6,500.
Government funding may be available. Enquire now to find out more!
What You'll Need To Get In
There are no prerequisites for this course.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: