CHC40213 Certificate IV in Education Support
- Awarded byHammond Institute (RTO 90720)
- QualificationCertificate IV
- Study ModeOn Campus
- Course CostGovernment Funded Fee $100 Government Funded Concession Fee $20 Fee for Service $4500
- Duration9-12 Months
- Payment OptionUpfront paymentSkills First Funding
- Duration9-12 Months
- Start DateEvery Month
- Career OutcomesTeacher Aide | Education Officer | Education Assistant | View all
Certificate IV in Education Support (CHC40213) by Hammond Institute reflects the role of workers in a range of education settings, including public and independent schools and community education settings, who provide assistance and support to teachers and students under broad-based supervision.
This course meets the Nationally Recognised Training standards. It is listed on the Australian government’s National Register for Vocational Education and Training (VET). Studying this course leads to a qualification that’s recognised throughout Australia, and lets employers know that you have the right skills for the job.
What You'll Learn
In this Certificate IV in Education Support (CHC40213) course, the subjects you may study include:
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- CHCDIV002 Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCECE006 Support behavior of children and young people
- CHCEDS001 Comply with legislative, policy and industrial requirements in the education environment
- CHCEDS021 Assist in the facilitation of student learning
- CHCEDS022 Work with students in need of additional support
- CHCEDS024 Use educational strategies to support Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander education
- CHCEDS025 Facilitate learning for students with disabilities
- CHCEDS032 Support learning and implementation of responsible behavior
- CHCPRP003 Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- HLTWHS001 Participate in workplace health and safety
Industry Suggested Electives
- CHCEDS005 Support the development of literacy and oral language skills
- CHCEDS023 Supervise students outside the classroom
- CHCEDS026 Deliver elements of teaching and learning programs
- CHCEDS027 Support flexible learning in an education environment
- CHCEDS028 Assist in production of language resources
Why Study With Hammond Institute
Get the right skills, training and confidence to be workplace ready when you study with Hammond Institute. Their custom-designed short courses in aged care, disability support, community services, early childhood education and more, are delivered by trainers and assessors who are at the peak of their game.
With a motto of “Where the student comes first”, you can trust that Hammond Institute goes above and beyond to ensure a positive and supportive learning experience.
Student’s of Hammond will have 24/7 access to trainers and assessors who will help with questions relating to course content as well as times with improving your time-management.
Where Will It Lead Me?
The further study pathways available to learners who undertake Certificate IV in Education Support (CHC40213) include:
- CHC50113 Diploma Of Early Childhood Education and Care
- CHC50213 Diploma Of School Age Education and Care
- Teacher Aide
- Education Officer
- Education Assistant
- Literacy Worker
How Much Will It Cost?
- Government Funding
- Payment plan
Government Funded Fee $100
Government Funded Concession Fee $20
Fee for Service $4500
Under Skills First Funding, the Victorian government will contribute to the cost of training for eligible students to study courses that will prepare students to work in an industry with growing need for skilled workers.
The provider of this course is a Skills First registered institution. Enquire about this course now to find out more about your eligibility.
What You'll Need To Get In
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
•Age: must be 17 years or over
•Learning, reading, writing, oral communication and numeracy (ACSF Level 3+) are desirable to participate in the course.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: