CHC30213 Certificate III in Education SupportGet a Free Course Guide
- Awarded byOpen Colleges (RTO 90796)
- QualificationCertificate III
- Study ModeOnline
- Course CostUpfront Payment: $2,712 OR Payment Plan: 56 Weekly Instalments of $58.75 (plus $100 deposit)
- DurationMax 18 months
- Payment OptionPayment planUpfront payment
- DurationMax 18 months
- Start DateAnytime – start today!
- Career OutcomesEducation Support Worker | Social Worker | Teacher's Aide | View all
The Certificate III in Education Support (CHC30213) offered through Open Colleges in partnership with the TAFE NSW is an online course designed specifically for those seeking work as teacher aides, as well as those already working in the education system who want a formal qualification.
Teacher aides are currently in high demand and the nationally recognised Certificate III in Education Support(CHC30213) will give you the core skills and training to assist teachers in a range of classroom contexts.
With the education you receive in this online certificate course, you will be able to make a valuable contribution to the education of young people as well as enjoy a rewarding career. This education support program also provides on-the-job experience through a mandatory work placement that will give you an extra edge when you’re looking for employment.
Practical industry work experience
The CertificateIII in Education Support (CHC30213) offers the best of both worlds: the flexibility of online learning, with a practical 120 hours of work placement in a real classroom of your choosing, so you can practice and perfect what you learn.
This course meets the Nationally Recognised Training standards. It is listed on the Australian government’s National Register for Vocational Education and Training (VET). Studying this course leads to a qualification that’s recognised throughout Australia, and lets employers know that you have the right skills for the job.
What You'll Learn
In this online education support course, the subjects may study include:
- CHCECE006 - Support behaviour of children and young people
- CHCEDS007 - Work effectively with students and colleagues
- CHCEDS018 - Support students with additional needs in the classroom environment
- CHCEDS005 - Support the development of literacy and oral language skills
- CHCEDS006 - Support the development of numeracy skills
- CHCEDS017 - Contribute to the health and safety of students
- CHCPRT001 - Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse cultures
- CHCDIV002 - Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander culture safety
- CHCEDS003 - Contribute to student education in all developmental domains
- CHCEDS001 - Comply with legislative, policy and industrial requirements in the education environment
- CHCEDS004 - Contribute to organisation and management of classroom or centre
- CHCEDS002 - Assist in implementation of planned educational programs
Elective units (complete four):
- CHCEDS008 Comply with school administrative requirements
- CHCEDS012 Set up and sustain individual and small group learning areas
- CHCEDS014 Support students with English as a second language
- CHCEDS015 Support development of student research skills
- CHCEDS016 Support learning for students with disabilities in a classroom environment
- CHCEDS024 Use educational strategies to support Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander education
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
Why Study With Open Colleges
Open Colleges is one of the largest private education providers in Australia. It offers a wide variety of courses, from leisure courses to vocational and higher education courses, many of which are government-accredited and employer-recognised. All courses are delivered by correspondence, allowing you to work at your own pace and around your own schedule. Studying with Open Colleges is perfect for people with busy lifestyles, and those wishing to work and learn for themselves.
As a student of Open Colleges, you will have access to a range of student and administrative support options. Your course trainers are available via email, messaging and through your online course forums in OpenSpace. You will also have access to help with study skills such as time management, essay writing and referencing.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this course you will receive a nationally recognised, accredited Certificate III in Education Support (CHC30213) from Open Colleges.
- Education Support Worker
- Social Worker
- Teacher's Aide
- Teaching Assistant
- Education Assistant
- Learning Support Assistant
How Much Will It Cost?
Open Colleges offers two flexible payment models to help make studying more affordable:
Payment Option 1: Pay in weekly instalments
- $58.75 per week (56 weekly repayments)
- $100 deposit
Payment Option 2: Pay in full when you enrol and save up to 20% on your course fees
- $2,712 upfront payment
What You'll Need To Get In
Applicants must also meet the criteria to be eligible for this program:
- Have completed year 10 or equivalent; OR
- Hold a certificate II or higher; OR
- Have at least two years of industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication