Want to enjoy a career in Education? Here are the details:
A career in Education can vary in role, even at entry level. You may like to start out as a Teaching Assistant, or a Teacher. Both roles vary in responsibility, entry-level requirements and salary.
Regardless of your position, your career in Education will involve the delivery of educational material to children who have entered into the education system. This can include delivering classes, helping children to understand concepts, and adhering to all legal and curricular requirements.
You’ll need to be personable, able to assert yourself or hold boundaries, be organised and educated enough to be able to help the children you are working with.
Interested? Check these facts out ;
- Teachers and Teaching Aides work in most parts of Australia.
- The majority work in Education and Training, Public Administration, Health Care and Social Assistance.
- Opportunities for part-time work are possible.
- Average earnings for full-time Teaching Assistants are around AU $20,000 to $68,000 per annum (depending upon location and experience).
Types of Courses
A Certificate II or III is usually required to enter into a career as a Teaching Assistant.
Short courses related to being a Teaching Assistant are a great way to find out more about what such a career is about. You can also enjoy related topics to help you build on your knowledge or enhance your opportunities to snag that perfect position.
Short Courses can last around 3 to 7 weeks and can focus in on a variety of niche topics.
Certificate II Course:
A Certificate II course in teaching or a subject related to teaching will start to build on your knowledge in preparation for higher education.
Certificate III Courses:
Usually, last around 12 months and do require work experience to pass. You’ll learn everything you need to know about being a Teaching Assistant so that you can work professionally. When you graduate, you’ll be fully qualified to work as a Teaching Assistant.
There are a variety of positions in Education that you could consider such as;
- Education Support Worker
- Education Officer
- Special Needs Support Worker
- Teacher's Aide
- Teaching Assistant
- Education Assistant
- Learning Support Assistant
- Special Needs School Assistant
- Child Care Assistant
- Outside School Hours Aide
- Pre-school Assistant
- Vocational Education and Training (VET) Teacher
- Enterprise Trainer
- Training Advisor
- RTO Trainer
- Teacher Aide
- Literacy Worker
- Child Care Worker
- Child Carer
- Child Care Coordinator
- Child Care Facility Manager
- Playgroup Supervisor
- TESOL Teacher
- TESOL Tutor
- view all