CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
- Awarded byFoundation Education (RTO 22557)
- QualificationCertificate III, Certificate
- Study ModeOnline
- Course CostUpfront Payment: $3,190 OR Payment Plan: 52 Weekly Instalments of $70.96 (plus $100 deposit)
- DurationUp to 18 months
- Payment OptionPayment planUpfront payment
- DurationUp to 18 months
- Start DateAnytime – start today!
- Career OutcomesEducation Assistant | Child Care Assistant | Outside School Hours Aide | View all
The Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care equips you with the knowledge and skills you need to support the implementation of an approved learning framework, and support children’s wellbeing, learning and development. This course equips you to work across a range of age groups by providing care for babies, toddlers and children under direct supervision.
As a graduate in Early Childhood Education and Care, you can work as a Child Care Assistant, Education Assistant, Outside School Hours Aide or Pre-School Assistant. Many early childcare positions offer flexibility in shifts and hours, allowing you to find a work-life balance that suits your lifestyle. If you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to quality education, there is great career development potential for you. You can work your way up into a teaching position, or pursue further study and gain the qualification needed to work in a leadership position.
This course also requires a minimum of 120 hours of work placement in a registered childcare facility, supervised by a qualified staff member able to sign off on practical demonstration elements. You will also need to complete a First Aid Certificate to demonstrate competency for HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting at your own cost prior to undertaking your work placement.
There are also a number of statutory checks required by workplaces, such as a Working with Children Check. These may vary by state. In addition, individual workplaces may impose additional requirements on students undertaking work placement. You will be responsible for the costs of any such checks or requirements. Your work placement will need to be completed in Australia, and you will be responsible for the costs of any travel, accommodation, statutory checks or other requirements related to your work placement.
This course meets the Nationally Recognised Training standards. It is listed on the Australian government’s National Register for Vocational Education and Training (VET). Studying this course leads to a qualification that’s recognised throughout Australia, and lets employers know that you have the right skills for the job.
What You'll Learn
In this education course, the subjects you may study include:
- HLTWHS001 - Participate in workplace health and safety
- CHCECE002 - Ensure the health and safety of children
- CHCPRT001 - Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- CHCECE007 - Develop positive and respectful relationships with children
- CHCECE003 - Provide care for children
- CHCECE005 - Provide care for babies and toddlers
- CHCECE004 - Promote and provide healthy food and drinks
- CHCECE021 - Implement strategies for the inclusion of all children
- CHCECE001 - Develop cultural competence
- CHCDIV002 - Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCECE009 - Use an approved learning framework to guide practice
- CHCLEG001 - Work legally and ethically
- CHCECE010 - Support the holistic development of children in early childhood
- CHCECE011 - Provide experiences to support children’s play and learning
- CHCECE013 - Use information about children to inform practice
- CHCECE006 - Support behaviour of children and young people
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- * HLTAID004 - Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
* Please note that unit HLTAID003 – Provide first aid must be completed through an external provider.
Why Study With Foundation Education
For 20 years Foundation Education has been boosting the skills of their students and getting them workplace ready. With nationally recognised certificates in Early Childhood Education and Care, Health Administration, Allied Health, Dental Care and more, you can trust Foundation Education to provide you with the premier education you’re seeking.
When you study with Foundation Education you’ll be getting the up-to-date knowledge and support you need to conquer your career goals. Their Certificate III and IV courses will provide you with the perfect entry point into your field or a gateway into University.
Study online and enjoy a flexible learning experience tailored to suit your schedule. Simply log on and learn at your own pace and convenience.
Get expert support and guidance along every step of your Foundation Education study journey.
Their dedicated support services include an Orientation to help familiarise you with the new e-learning platform; Specialist and Technical Advisors who are on hand to answer any questions around your course content and assessments; Student Support Officers to assist you with all general enquiries, and a team of Assessors to evaluate assignments and provide feedback.
Plus throughout your studies you will have access to group and individual coaching sessions, activity monitoring to help you stay on track with your assignments and a range of career preparation tools.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this course you will receive a nationally recognised, accredited CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care from Foundation Education.
With this qualification, you will gain job-ready skills to potentially start your career in early child care with practical experience and foundational knowledge behind you, giving you an employment advantage.
Graduates of early childhood education courses usually pursue employment in school settings, working in pre-schools and kindergartens, and may work as a: Early childhood teacher Pre-school teacher Kindergarten teacher Early childhood teaching assistant Child care facility manager Child care worker Educational administrator Assistant educatorWith further or complementary study, you may also choose to specialise your teaching practise, and work as a: Special needs teacher English as an additional language teacher Curriculum development consultant Education policy advisor
- Education Assistant
- Child Care Assistant
- Outside School Hours Aide
- Pre-school Assistant
How Much Will It Cost?
Foundation Education offers affordable payment options to help you start your studies sooner.
Payment Option 1: Pay in weekly instalments
- $70.96 per week (52 weekly repayments)
- $100 deposit
Payment Option 2: Pay in full when you enrol and save up to $600 on your course fees
- $3,190 upfront payment
Tuition fees include course delivery and assessment, study materials and dedicated student support services. Please note this course does not qualify for VET FEE-Help or other assisted government funding.
What You'll Need To Get In
You will need to have completed year 10, or equivalent. Equivalency can be demonstrated by one of the following:
- A qualification at Certificate II level or higher OR
- 2 years of industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication.
You will need to be at least 16 years old. If you are under 18 your enrolment form will need to be signed by a parent or guardian.
You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
In order to complete the online part of the course you will need regular access to the following:
- Computer: Laptop or desktop computer with working speakers or headphone points
- Internet:High speed internet such as Broadband or ADSL, T1/T2, fibre optic or cable (Dial-up access will be significantly slower and is not recommended)
- Windows : Operating system – Windows XP or Vista 7 or above. Internet Browser – Internet Explorer 7 or higher or the latest version of Google Chrome
- MAC : Operating system: OS X 10.4 or later. Internet Browser – latest version of Google Chrome
- Software: Flash, Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word (or Open Office which is free to download)