CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and CareGet a Free Course Guide
- Awarded byOpen Colleges (RTO 90796)
- QualificationCertificate III
- Study ModeOnline
- Course CostUpfront Payment: $2,672 OR Payment Plan: 56 Weekly Instalments of $57.86 (plus $100 deposit)
- DurationMax 24 months
- Payment OptionPayment planUpfront payment
- DurationMax 24 months
- Start DateAnytime – start today!
- Career OutcomesEarly Childhood Teacher | Community Worker | Family Day Care Educator | View all
Studying this online Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care (CHC30113) course from Open Colleges will equip you with the skills necessary to excel in the childcare industry. Upon completion of this online course you will learn the required knowledge to interact appropriately with children while fulfilling their emotional, physical and self-care needs.
This program will give you a foundation of education and skills for working with children, including early childhood care. You will also be taught the legal and ethical framework for working in children’s services to aid you in identifying and responding to risk factors.
Gain practical skills
This online course includes a mandatory 120 hours of work placement. Workplace assessments and training must be undertaken in workplace organisations that are suitable for the course. There may be instances where you need to undergo a criminal records check or a Working with Children check. You will also need to have completed and hold a current Basic First Aid certificate, issued by an accredited provider.
This course meets the Nationally Recognised Training standards. It is listed on the Australian government’s National Register for Vocational Education and Training (VET). Studying this course leads to a qualification that’s recognised throughout Australia, and lets employers know that you have the right skills for the job.
What You'll Learn
In this early childhood education course, the subject you may study include:
- CHCLEG001 - Work ethically and legally
- CHCECE009 - Use an approved learning framework to guide practice
- CHCECE001 - Develop cultural competence
- CHCDIC002 - Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander safety
- CHCPRT001 - Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- CHCECE002 - Ensure the health and safety of children
- CHCECE005 - Provide care for babies and toddlers
- CHCECE003 - Provide care for children
- CHCECE007 - Develop positive and respectful relationships with children
- CHCECE004 - Promote and provide healthy food and drinks
- CHCECE010 - Support holistic development of children in early childhood
- CHCECE013 - Use information about children to inform practice
- CHCECE011 - Provide experiences to support children's play and learning
- HLTWHS001 - Participate in work health and safety
Why Study With Open Colleges
Open Colleges is one of the largest private education providers in Australia. It offers a wide variety of courses, from leisure courses to vocational and higher education courses, many of which are government-accredited and employer-recognised. All courses are delivered by correspondence, allowing you to work at your own pace and around your own schedule. Studying with Open Colleges is perfect for people with busy lifestyles, and those wishing to work and learn for themselves.
As a student of Open Colleges, you will have access to a range of student and administrative support options. Your course trainers are available via email, messaging and through your online course forums in OpenSpace. You will also have access to help with study skills such as time management, essay writing and referencing.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this course you will receive a nationally recognised, accredited Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care (CHC30113) from Open Colleges.
There has been an increasing demand for childcare services and as a result higher levels of professionalism are required to succeed in this industry. Studying with Open Colleges will not only give you this professionalism but also give you the skills to work in a range of positions in childcare and day care work. This course is nationally recognised and you will be qualified to work in childcare centres, vacation care centres and day care centres, as well as provide home-based care services.
Graduates of early childhood education courses usually pursue employment in school settings, working in pre-schools and kindergartens, and may work as a: Early childhood teacher Pre-school teacher Kindergarten teacher Early childhood teaching assistant Child care facility manager Child care worker Educational administrator Assistant educatorWith further or complementary study, you may also choose to specialise your teaching practise, and work as a: Special needs teacher English as an additional language teacher Curriculum development consultant Education policy advisor
- Early Childhood Teacher
- Community Worker
- Family Day Care Educator
- Mobile Service Educator
- Occasional Care Educator
How Much Will It Cost?
Open Colleges offers two flexible payment models to help make studying more affordable:
Payment Option 1: Pay in weekly instalments
- $57.86 per week (56 weekly repayments)
- $100 deposit
Payment Option 2: Pay in full when you enrol and save up to 20% on your course fees
- $2,672 upfront payment
What You'll Need To Get In
To be eligible for this course applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Understanding of English to atleast a Year 10 level; AND
- Be atleast 18years old; AND
- Basic computing skills; AND
- Have access to digital equipment; AND
- Basic Language, Literacy and Numeracy skills
There are no formal education entry requirements for this course.