CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability)Get a Free Course Guide
- Awarded byKirana Colleges (RTO 52247)
- QualificationCertificate III
- Study ModeOnline
- Course CostCourse fees may vary
- Duration12 - 18 Months
- Payment OptionUpfront payment
- Duration12 - 18 Months
- Start DateEnquire now for upcoming start dates.
- Career OutcomesAccommodation Support Worker | Family Support Worker | Community Care Worker | View all
Got a passion for helping others? Want a career where you can make a difference in the lives of people in need? The CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability) from Kirana can help you achieve just that.
Throughout this course, you’ll gain a whole bunch of knowledge and skills that will help you provide support to people who need it. With a Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability) you can improve or change their lives by providing person-centred support. This course will kickstart you on a rewarding career path, where you’ll be caring for others and giving something back to the community.
This course meets the Nationally Recognised Training standards. It is listed on the Australian government’s National Register for Vocational Education and Training (VET). Studying this course leads to a qualification that’s recognised throughout Australia, and lets employers know that you have the right skills for the job.
What You'll Learn
To achieve a CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability) a total of 13 units of competency must be completed (seven core units and six elective units).
In this aged care course, the subjects you may study include:
- CHCCCS015 - Provide individualised support
- CHCCCS023 - Support independence and wellbeing
- CHCCOM005 - Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people CHCLEG001 - Work legally and ethically
- HLTAAP001 - Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTWHS002 - Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- CHCDIS007 - Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability
- CHCDIS001 - Contribute to ongoing skills development using a strengths-based approach
- CHCDIS003 - Support community participation and social inclusion
- CHCDIS002 - Follow established person-centred behaviour supports
- CHCCCS011 - Meet personal support needs
- CHCPRP003 - Reflect on and improve own professional practice
Why Study With Kirana Colleges
Arm yourself with the skills, knowledge, confidence and can-do attitude that employers are seeking when you get qualified by Kirana Colleges.
Their commitment to delivering training and work-ready courses will set you up for success across industries like Early Childhood Education, Individual Support, Aged Care and more. All certificate courses are nationally recognised and are designed to help you thrive.
At Kirana Colleges, their mission is to improve communities and societies through giving students the right training. Discover how you can make a difference to your community by getting the skills to change yourself and the world around you!
They’re all about helping to make a difference at Kirana Colleges, so to ensure a positive outcome they’ve put focus into providing a positive learning experience.
To help keep your mental health and wellbeing on track, Kirana has developed a Student Assistance Program (SAP), which is a confidential and free counselling service including a dedicated 24/7 hotline and counselling sessions (available in person or via Skype). There’s also Kirana’s Student Support Hotline to assist with any academic questions.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this course you will receive a Certificate III in Individual Support from Kirana.
Graduates may seek employment in a range of entry-level roles within the aged and home care sector, or choose to pursue further study with a CHC43115 Certificate IV in Disability.
- Accommodation Support Worker
- Family Support Worker
- Community Care Worker
- Care Service Employee
- Senior Personal Care Assistant
- Residential Support Worker
- Care Worker
- Home Care Assistant
- Residential Care Worker
- Client Assistant
- Field Officer (Community Services)
- Transport Support Worker
- Planned Activity Assistant
- Residential Aide
- Nurse's Aide
- Community Access Coordinator
- Care Assistant
- Community House Worker
- Disability Service Officer
- In Home Respite Worker
- Food Services Deliverer
- School Support Officer (Disability)
How Much Will It Cost?
Kirana Colleges offers affordable payment options to help you get you closer to achieving your learning and career goals sooner.
- Upfront payment via direct debit, debit/credit card or cash
- Kirana have a range of government financial assistance packages to help subsidise the course fees of eligible students.
Enquire now for more information and to see if you meet eligibility criteria.
What You'll Need To Get In
There are no eligibility requirements for this course. It’s preferred that students have obtained a minimum of a School Certificate or equivalent.
Students will need to obtain a Working with Children Check and a National Police Check.