CHC43115 Certificate IV in Disability
- Awarded byHammond Institute (RTO 90720)
- QualificationCertificate IV
- Study ModeOn Campus
- Course CostGovt. Funded Fees-$100 Concession Govt. Funded Fees=$20 Fee for service=$5000
- Duration12 Months
- Payment OptionUpfront paymentSkills First Funding
- Duration12 Months
- Start DateEvery Month
- Career OutcomesResidential Care Officer | Behavioural Support Officer | Project Officer | View all
Certificate IV in Disability (CHC43115) course from Hammond Institute reflects the role of workers in a range of community settings and clients’ homes, who provide training and support in a manner that empowers people with disabilities to achieve greater levels of independence, self-reliance, community participation and well being. Workers promote a person-centered approach, work without direct supervision and may be required to supervise and/or coordinate a small team.
This course meets the Nationally Recognised Training standards. It is listed on the Australian government’s National Register for Vocational Education and Training (VET). Studying this course leads to a qualification that’s recognised throughout Australia, and lets employers know that you have the right skills for the job.
What You'll Learn
In this Certificate IV in Disability (CHC43115) course, the subjects you may study include:
- CHCCCS015 Provide individual support
- CHCDIS002 Follow established person-centered behavior supports
- CHCDIS005 Develop and provide person-centered service responses
- CHCDIS007 Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability
- CHCDIS008 Facilitate community participation and social inclusion
- CHCDIS009 Facilitate ongoing skills development using a person-centered approach
- CHCDIS010 Provide person-centered services to people with disability with complex needs
- CHCDIV001 Work with the diverse person
- CHCLEG003 Manage legal and ethical compliance
- HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body system
- HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
Industry Suggested Electives
- CHCCCS023 Support independence and wellbeing
- CHCCCS011 Meet personal support needs
- CHCAGE005 Provide support to people living with dementia
Why Study With Hammond Institute
Get the right skills, training and confidence to be workplace ready when you study with Hammond Institute. Their custom-designed short courses in aged care, disability support, community services, early childhood education and more, are delivered by trainers and assessors who are at the peak of their game.
With a motto of “Where the student comes first”, you can trust that Hammond Institute goes above and beyond to ensure a positive and supportive learning experience.
Student’s of Hammond will have 24/7 access to trainers and assessors who will help with questions relating to course content as well as times with improving your time-management.
Where Will It Lead Me?
The further study pathways available to learners who undertake this qualification include:
- Diploma’s from Community Services Training Package.
- Residential Care Officer
- Behavioural Support Officer
- Project Officer
- Disability Support Officer
- Development Officer
- Disability Officer – Day Support
How Much Will It Cost?
- Government Funding
- Payment plan
Govt. Funded Fees-$100
Concession Govt. Funded Fees=$20
Fee for service=$5000
Under Skills First Funding, the Victorian government will contribute to the cost of training for eligible students to study courses that will prepare students to work in an industry with growing need for skilled workers.
The provider of this course is a Skills First registered institution. Enquire about this course now to find out more about your eligibility.
What You'll Need To Get In
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
•Age: must be 18 years or over
•Undertake LLN test: Learning, reading, writing, oral communication and numeracy (ACSF Level 3) is desirable to participate in the course.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: