CHC43115 Certificate IV in DisabilityGet a Free Course Guide
- Awarded byMelbourne City Institute of Education (RTO 22172)
- QualificationCertificate IV
- Study ModeOn Campus
- Course Cost$7,500
- Duration9 months
- Payment OptionUpfront payment
- Duration9 months
- Start DateEnquire now about upcoming start dates
- Career OutcomesDisability Support Worker | Senior Personal Care Assistant | Development Officer | View all
If you’re keen to make a real difference in your career then why not give back and help enrich the lives of those living with a disability! Empower others to achieve greater levels of independence and boost their overall wellbeing when you get qualified with a Certificate IV in Disability (CHC43115) awarded by MCIE.
Gain the skills and confidence to be able to work in community and residential facilities, providing support to people with disabilities. Study on campus and get hands-on practice at MCIE’s purpose-built, state-of-the-art simulation training rooms.
Upon completion of this qualification, you will have the skills and knowledge to be able to work in a range of health and community services settings.
Gain practical experience and apply your knowledge to real-world scenarios by undertaking 120 hours of work placement.
This course meets the Nationally Recognised Training standards. It is listed on the Australian government’s National Register for Vocational Education and Training (VET). Studying this course leads to a qualification that’s recognised throughout Australia, and lets employers know that you have the right skills for the job.
What You'll Learn
In this disability course, the subjects you may study include:
- CHCCCS015 - Provide individualised support
- CHCDIS002 - Follow established person-centred behaviour supports
- CHCDIS005 - Develop and provide person-centred service responses
- CHCDIS007 - Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability
- CHCDIS008 - Facilitate community participation and social inclusion
- CHCDIS009 - Facilitate ongoing skills development using a person-centred approach
- CHCDIS010 - Provide person-centred services to people with disability with complex needs
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG003 - Manage legal and ethical compliance
- HLTAAP001 - Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTWHS002 - Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- CHCCCS011 - Meet personal support needs
- CHAGE005 - Support relationships with carers and families
- CHCCCS011 - Provide first aid
Why Study With Melbourne City Institute of Education
Discover the Melbourne City Institute of Education (MCIE) difference when you study at this esteemed institution. With a key focus on getting you closer to conquering your career goals, MCIE’s courses have been developed by relevant industry leaders and offer you the opportunity to build practical experience.
Give back to the community with a nationally recognised certificate in disability care, individual support and more, all led by passionate and experienced trainers and in state-of-the-art training facilities.
At MCIE, your success is their success, which is why they’re dedicated to providing you with a supportive and positive learning experience.
MCIE offer students resources, support services and guidance around job and career opportunities; accommodation needs; lifestyle adjustments that may come with studying; general health and wellbeing, and health cover. They also have a dedicated Student Welfare Coordinator.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a Certificate IV in Disability (CHC43115) from MCIE.
This qualification prepares students to pursue a range of position including supervisory roles, within the disability sector. Jobs you may be eligible for include:
- Disability Support Worker
- Senior Personal Care Assistant
- Development Officer
- Disability Coordinator
How Much Will It Cost?
The full fee for this course is $7,500.
Government funding may be available. Enquire now to find out more!
What You'll Need To Get In
There are no formal pre-requisites for this course, however, you will need to go through a pre-training review process to determine if you are suitable for this course.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: