CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support
- Awarded byThe Management Edge
- QualificationCertificate III, Certificate
- Study ModeBlended
- Course Cost$7,800
- Duration9-12 months
- Payment OptionUpfront payment
- Duration9-12 months
- Start DateEnquire now for upcoming start dates
- Career OutcomesNursing Support Worker | Aged Care Worker | Disability Support Worker | View all
You’re a caring person who wants a job working with people. Now, turn your skills into a rewarding professional career in support work with this Certificate III in Individual Support (CHC33015) course from The Management Edge.
Designed for student with no prior professional experience, this entry-level course offers a strong foundation in the skills, knowledge and insights required to work as a support worker or carer.
In this course, you’ll learn how to develop and deliver programs that meet the emotional, physical and social needs of your clients. You’ll build strong skills in communication and care, and learn how to deliver effective services that meet the legal and ethical requirements of your work context.
With blended delivery, this course offers the flexibility of virtual classes with the practical experience of working in a real support role. In this course, you’ll complete 160 hours of practical placement, to help put your new skills into practice.
If you’re seeking a rewarding career helping others thrive, this course is your next career step.
This course meets the Nationally Recognised Training standards. It is listed on the Australian government’s National Register for Vocational Education and Training (VET). Studying this course leads to a qualification that’s recognised throughout Australia, and lets employers know that you have the right skills for the job.
What You'll Learn
In this support work course, the subjects you may study include:
- CHCLEG001 — Work legally and ethically
- HLTAAP001 — Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTWHS002 — Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- CHCCCS015 — Provide individualised support
- CHCCCS023 — Support independence and wellbeing
- CHCCOM005 — Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 — Work with diverse people
- HLTINF001 — Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- CHCAGE005 — Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCCCS011 — Meet personal support needs
- CHCAGE001 — Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- CHCPAL001 — Deliver services using a palliative approach
- CHCCCS025 — Support relationships with carers and families
- CHCHCS001 — Provide home and community support services
- CHCADV001 — Facilitate interests and rights of clients
Why Study With The Management Edge
The Management Edge offers nationally recognised, industry-focused training programs to individuals and organisations seeking practical, personalised learning support.With offices in Victoria and New South Wales, and national delivery of online courses, The Management Edge is both large enough to offer a wide range of industry-connected courses and small enough to provide the individual support, high quality, and flexibility students need to succeed.Students can choose from a range of specialised management, leadership and business courses, from Certificate IV to Advanced Diploma-level courses. Commonwealth and state government funding is available for eligible students in these courses, to make career development quicker and easier.
The Management Edge understands adult learners.
With expert trainers teaching from industry experience, and a flexible and supportive learning environment, The Management Edge offers quality study options to advance your career without interrupting your life.
Offering specialised workplace-based learning and the opportunity to build professional networks through study, The Management Edge ensures your time spend studying builds your career opportunities.
For real-world leadership experience and the confidence to succeed, consider the opportunity offered by a nationally recognised The Management Edge qualification.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a Certificate III in Individual Services (CHC33015) from The Management Edge.
This qualification equips you will the skills, knowledge and experience required to seek work in the large and growing field of support work. With this qualification, you may choose to seek work as a disability support worker, as an aged care worker, or as an in-home care worker. This field of support worker employs more than 170,000 people, and has grown by more than 30% over the past five years.
With this qualification, you'll be well-positioned to stand out in a competitive employment field and secure work in this rewarding field.
- Nursing Support Worker
- Aged Care Worker
- Disability Support Worker
- Special Needs Support Worker
- Support Worker
How Much Will It Cost?
The fee for this course is $7600, with a course materials fee of $200.
Government funding may be available for eligible students. Enquire now for more information!
What You'll Need To Get In
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age; AND
- Before starting this course, attain a current national police check and first aid course; AND
- Demonstrate satisfactory language, literacy and numeracy skills.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: