Data Science Part-Time
- Awarded byGeneral Assembly
- QualificationShort Course
- Study ModeOnline
- Course Cost$5,000
- Duration10 Week Part-Time
- Payment OptionPayment planUpfront payment
- Duration10 Week Part-Time
- Start DateEnquire now for upcoming start dates.
- LocationNSW | VIC
- Career OutcomesDatabase Designer | Assistant Database Developer | Assistant Database Specialist | View all
Create robust predictive models with statistics and Python programming. Build confidence and credibility to tackle complex machine learning problems on the job.
A part-time 10-week, in-person, or remote course for data professionals that teaches them to solve problems using computation that involve large data sets.
What You'll Learn
Designed With — and for — Data Professionals
Concentrate on the most important tools for data scientists on the job. GA’s data science advisory board regularly curates the best practices and innovative teaching approaches of our entire expert network to emphasise real-world relevance and meet evolving employer demands. Its work ensures that students graduate ready to tackle the challenges they’ll face in the field.
Harness the Predictive Power of Data
Tailored for students with quantitative or programming backgrounds, this course dives into the essentials of data science: Python programming, exploratory data analysis, data modelling, and machine learning. Get the hands-on experience you need to synthesise extremely large data sets, build predictive models, and tell a compelling story to stakeholders.
Practice the fundamentals of evidence science by practising basic functions in Python.
- What is data science
- Your development environment
- >Foundations of Python
Research Design and Exploratory Data Analysis
Practice exploratory data analysis for cleaning and aggregating data and understanding the basic statistical testing values of your data.
- Exploratory data analysis in pandas
- Experiments and hypothesis testing
- >Data visualization in python
- Statistics in python
Create linear and logistic regression models, and branch from statistics into machine learning with kNN and classification.
- Linear regression
- Train-test split
- KNN and classification
- Logistic regression
Learn and practice core machine learning models to evaluate complex problems
- Decision trees and random forests
- Working with API data
- Natural language processing (NLP)
- Time series
Why Study With General Assembly
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. When you learn web development, data, design, business, and more with GA, you get:
- Award-winning curriculum and expert instructors, on campus and online.
- A global, professional community of 40,000-plus full- and part-time alumni.
- Career results from leading-edge courses, with mentorship each step of the way.
Founded in New York City, General Assembly is creating a global community of individuals empowered to pursue work they love, by offering short-from upskilling programs through to 12 week immersive programs designed to help you land a role in the tech industry.
Courses can be taken on campus at locations in Sydney and Melbourne or virtually via a Live Online Remote Format.
Be part of a supportive community during every step of your learning journey and beyond!
At GA, you will have a dedicated student success producer, to guide you through the course and ensure you are supported throughout your journey. You will also have the opportunity to attend regular social events, to mingle with other students and alumni.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this course, you will obtain a certificate of completion of the Data Science Part-Time course from General Assembly.
- Database Designer
- Assistant Database Developer
- Assistant Database Specialist
- Data Scientist
- Big Data Visualiser
- Database Developer
How Much Will It Cost?
The fee for this course is $5,000.
General Assembly offers affordable payment options to help you start your studies sooner:
- Make repayments through Study Loans
- Or, pay your course fees upfront via credit card.
- Make repayments through zipMoney
What You'll Need To Get In
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must have:
- A basic understanding of statistics; AND
- A basic understanding of variables, functions and lists in Python
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: